Said we'd always put each other first

Gina exited the classroom, evading Ricky's attempt to catch up with her and inquire about her performance. She walked as fast as she could down the hall and found the girl's bathroom.

As she entered the restroom, she overheard two girls talking. Gina wiped away the stray tears in her eyes and entered as if nothing was wrong.

"Neens, it's going to be okay. Howie isn't going to kick you off the team." Gina locked herself in a stall quietly and overheard two girls talking by the sinks near the handicapped stall.

"He's homophobic, Mads. He is going to tell everyone in the Academy that I'm I like girls then I'll have to leave the academy" Gina overheard the taller girl say while she hid in the stall.

"There's nothing wrong with liking girls. If Howie tells anyone in the Academy that he saw you, I will kick him in the balls." The girl said when Gina accidentally pushed the toilet paper roll off the dispense causing it to roll under the door.

"Who's there? Show yourself, now." The shorter girl said as she used her backpack to shield herself from danger.

Gina walked out of the bathroom stall and half-smiled at the two girls.

She forgot why she entered the bathroom to cry and hide from her brother when she saw a beautiful brunette.

"Who are you? You don't even go here." The shorter girl said to Gina without even properly introducing herself to her.

"My name is Gina Porter. I just took the entrance exam." Gina said while playing with a ring on her finger.

Maddox looked at Nini for reassurance before she introduced herself.

"Oh, you're the new girl, replacing Amber. I'm Maddox and this is my friend Nini. People call me Mads or Maddie for short. Welcome to ESA." The young girl put her hand out for Gina to shake.

"Why were you spying on us? You can't tell anyone what you heard or else I'll tell the headmaster that yoiu're trouble." Nini immediately asked before Gina could even ask a question.

"I was just going to use the toilet after my exam." Gina lied to the brunette about the reason she was hiding from Ricky.

The real reason why she was hiding from Ricky was because she was ashamed of her exam performance. She had a good feeling that she failed the exam. This meant that if she failed the entrance exam she would be out back in CPS while Ricky was at the academy without her.

The last thing she wanted was to be put back in a foster home.

"Well then go use the toilet and forget about what you heard here. Stay silent." Nini hissed at Gina as she grabbed Maddox's hand and left the bathroom.

Gina locked herself back in the stall, used the toilet, and wiped a few stray tears away before she composed herself again.

Still dwelling on her exam failure, she exited the bathroom, completely oblivious to Ricky patiently waiting by a wall.

"Hey, there you are, Gi. The staff member in the exam room said he saw you going to the bathroom. How'd you do on the exam?" Ricky tried to touch her shoulder but she flinched away immediately.

"Ricky, I have to tell you something and it's not good...." Gina started to say before Mr. Caswell walked over to the two teens.

"Ricky and Gina, congratulations! Both of you have successfully cleared the entrance exams. Ricky, your personal belongings have already been arranged in your designated room at the Hornets clubhouse. Gina, a warm congratulations to you as well; you will be joining the Leopards. Your cheer uniform and belongings are neatly placed on your bed. Welcome to the Enigma Scholars Academy!" Cash Caswell said while Gina looked at him with a confused expression and Ricky did too.