I've gotta kick the habit of intelligence

The following day after saying goodbye to their friend Emmy, Gina and Ricky got into their foster dad's car with their duffle bag and backpack. Their foster father made small talk with Gina when she asked questions about the academy on the trip to Santa Monica. When the two teens saw the school for the first time, Gina was in shock while Ricky was picking at his nails.

The building was a dark red color and had tints of black and yellow in the windows. The landscaping was beautiful as if it had been done today. And beside the building was a guest house. It was a pretty large red and white house that sat beside the beach. She couldn't even count how many floors were inside. It was such a large building that it looked like a mini life-size castle beside the beach. She thought she was going to a church or catholic boarding school.

"Well, are we going to check it out or just stand here?" Ricky stood beside his sister while carrying his bags after they parted their ways with their foster father.

"Who's that?" Gina said while holding her backpack and pointing to a man in a black and red suit.

"I don't know but it looks like he is waiting for us," Ricky said excitedly as he urged her to keep walking down the pathway the man had left them on.

She made a mental note while she was walking to ask the headmaster where the library was.

"I'll talk to you later about the uniforms, Carlos. I have a meeting to attend. Oh, and can you please call E.J down to the foyer. I need to talk to him about captain assignments for this week?" The older man said to the teen boy as Ricky and Gina walked up to him.

The boy who was known as Carlos nodded his head and walked back into the building.

Ricky couldn't help but notice that the boy was wearing a color-coded outfit.

One of Ricky's biggest fears about attending new schools was that they would have a dress code. Ricky was a hoodie and jeans type of person. Nothing more and nothing less.

"Ricky Bowen and Gina Porter welcome to the Enigma Scholars Academy. My name is Cash Caswell. I am the founder and headmaster here at the academy." Cash Caswell said in a deep tone before Ricky could say a word.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Caswell." Gina didn't exactly plan out what she was saying but got her point through.

She also didn't want to mention that she was also a foster kid with no parents.

"Welcome home Ricky and Gina." Cash said as the two followed him into the building.

Ricky was so busy admiring all the portraits hanging on the walls that he wasn't listening to Mr. Caswell. Gina was paying attention to him though.

"The academy board requires each student to take an entrance exam upon arrival. It's nothing like the SATs. Think of it more like a personality quiz mixed with a few math and science questions. It's our technique for figuring out which housing you fit best in." Cash started to say while Ricky admired a portait of young Alice that was hanging on the Alumni athlete record wall.

Alice was famous here, Gina thought while noticing the portrait.

"I can do that." Gina said to the man as she began to hear a bunch of young teens talking in the halls.

"Perfect. It will be held in one of our classrooms. My son E.J will show you where to go." Cash started to say before his phone started to ring.

"Hey dad, what do you need?" Cash's son, E.J said while interrupting Gina and Ricky's tour.

Ricky had his eyes on the tall boy immediately.

It was as if he was in a trance.

"Excuse me, one moment guys. Elton, what did I say about running in the halls. The janitor just mopped the floor." Cash excused himself and started talking to his son who was wearing a red and white varsity jacket.