Regardless of the cold stare Magnus was getting from Alec, Magnus still offered a smile and a nod to Alec which only made turn back to his one of the blonde Shadowhunter Alec has been talking to this whole afternoon. After observing Alec for 10 years, Magnus knew Alec’s type. Blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin, and Magnus have none of that. His tanned skin, black hair, brown eyes, or golden cat eyes were definitely not Alec’s type. Magnus sighed. There was nothing in the world he could do that would Alec look at him pleasantly, and all he could do was help Alec and his Shadowhunter friends whenever possible.

“I am happy to let you use my Paris apartment for this summer, but you are not getting my apartments.” Magnus looked back at Ragnor. He expected Ragnor to look at him with a smug look, but instead, Ragnor looked sad.

“What is going on?” Magnus was confused. He got more confused when Catarina was looking at him with the same kind of eyes.

“Magnus.” Cat took a step towards Magnus and put her palm against Magnus’s cheek, and even if Magnus was confused, he leaned into his friend’s loving palm on his cheek. He always enjoyed having his friends so close to him.

“My beautiful and kind-hearted Magnus. You are the kindest alpha I have ever met. You love fiercely, and you deserve all the happiness in the world. You always put yourself in danger so you could help everyone around you find that happiness, but your kind and pure heart always get stomped again and again. With my whole heart, I hope you find that beautiful happiness.” Cat looked as she was close to crying.

“Oh darling, what is going on?” Magnus asked from Catarina and looked at Ragnor, hoping he would have an answer, but Ragnor gave him one of those rare tight-lipped smiles instead.

“I am okay, I am just worried about you.” Catarina pressed a soft kiss on Magnus’s cheek before leaning back.

“Of course, I am okay with you two by my side. Speaking of which, how long are you in the town for?” Magnus asked Ragnor as he put his arm around Cat’s shoulder, which she leaned into without thinking twice. After a centuries long friendship, all three of them had little things that were just special for only three of them.

“I was planning to stay for a week, but I think I will stay for a bit longer.” Ragnor answered as his eyes wondered to where Alec was.

“Martini with a twist, please.” Magnus smiled at Maia, who was behind the bar. Magnus normally did not like Lorenzo’s party, but it seems like he did a very good job this time by hiring Maia as the bartender.

“Only the best for my most favourite customer.” The omega smiled.

“Thank you. How is university going?”

“Busy as I have so many course works, but I really enjoy it. I have been applying for some summer placements. The competition is fierce.” Maia handed over the drink.

“I am glad to hear that you really enjoy it. How would a summer placement in Komodo sound like in your CV?”  Magnus took a sip from his drink and sighed happily as he needed that drink after the hectic schedule he had that day.

“As in Komodo, Indonesia?” Maia sounded confused.

“Yeah, as you know, I am from Indonesia, and as one would expect, I have a lot of connections. I know you are passionate about the subject, and I also know you have good grades, so I would be very happy to introduce you to some of my connections if you don’t mind spending the summer in Indonesia.” Magnus took one more sip.

“OH MY GOD, MAGNUS!” Maia almost jumped over the counter, but thankfully, she decided not to do that. Instead, she took the long way and ran to Magnus.

“Oh...” Magnus gasped when Maia hugged him so tightly.

“Thank you so much, Magnus. Oh my god, I can’t believe this. Thank you so much.” Maia smiled as she hugged Magnus tightly. Her normally blood orange omega scent intensified as she was utterly happy. Normally, an omega would be cautious not to hug an alpha, especially one as strong and powerful as Magnus, but anyone who is close to Magnus knows he is a gentleman and absolute sweetheart.

“My pleasure, Maia. I am always happy to help.” Maia’s intensified scent only made Magnus smile fondly.

“I don’t know how to thank you.” Maia pulled away from the hug.

“How about another one of your absolute gorgeous martinis with twist.”

“Coming up, right now.” Maia smiled widely as she walked back to the bar. Magnus and Maia fell into a nice chat as Maia made more drinks for other customers. What felt after 20-30 minutes, Magnus reacted to a scent, which he absolutely adored. Cedar wood with a hint of citrus. Magnus did not have to turn back to see where this sharp, woody amber fragrance was coming from. It was Alec’s alpha scent. Normally, another Alpha’s scent would make an alpha feel sick to their stomach, but Alec’s scent always made Magnus feel calm and relaxed.

“What would you like to drink?” Alec’s voice made Magnus turn back, for a second hoping Alec was asking the question from him but of course, Alec was asking the question from the handsome blondie Alec has been talking the whole afternoon. It did not take much for Magnus to realise the blonde Shadowhunter Alec was talking to is an omega. Alec is one of those conservative people who only dated omegas or betas shadowhunters, unlike Magnus.

“Just a beer for me, thank you.” The blonde Shadowhunter replied. Before Alec caught Magnus looking at him and his date, Magnus turned back and looked at Maia, who was preparing a drink. Magnus has been having a great time with his friends around, and stealing a few glances of Alec throughout the night was enough for Magnus to call it a good night. He did not want to destroy his buzz by getting on Alec’s bad side for staring at his date.

“Two beers, please, Maia.” Alec ordered, and Magnus could see that Alec turned his back to Magnus and started talking to the blonde Shadowhunter.

“Magnus Bane?” The omega’s voice made Magnus turn around.

“Yes?”

“I am Andrew Underhill. I always wanted to come and introduce myself when you were at the institute but never got the chance to. I have always been a great fan of your work.” Magnus was confused. A Shadowhunter who is not Izzy, Clary, or Jace was appreciating his work?

“Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to hear that I have showhunter admirers.”

“If I am right, there are many more shadowhunters who admire your work.” Andrew glanced at Alec. Magnus did not dare to look at Alec, and instead, he offered a soft smile.

“I will make sure to come and say hi next time you are in the institute, of course only if you are not too busy.”

“Yes, of course, I am never too busy for a handsome admirer like you.” Magnus smiled.

‘Shit, that came out like I was flirting.’ Magnus cursed to himself. He had a slight suspicion as to why Alec hates him. Magnus noted over the years that Alec’s calming alpha scent turned bitter whenever Magnus flirts with Alec’s companions.

“It was really nice to see you, Magnus. I need to go and say hello to a few of my colleagues. I will see you later then.”

“See you later, Andrew.” Magnus observed as Andrew walked away, leaving Alec alone with him and Maia. Once Andrew walked away from them, Magnus grabbed the drink he put on the table earlier and quickly turned around to leave the bar.

“Magnus.” Alec’s voice stopped Magnus on the track.

“Can I talk to you?” Alec asked from Magnus, who was facing away from him.