First Ever Daryl x Reader Rewritten!

Start from the beginning

His silvery grey eyes were fixated on the injury, concentration filling the stone cold color. It was as if there happy glint from his eyes were removed at a young age and if it were still there, he'd have beautiful blue eyes... And I guess that could've been it. He looked so pained, but determined.

I've never realized this until now... I guess I've never been so close to his face to see his eyes at such an angle.

Biting my lip from the pain, my free hand grasped his bicep as he began to use a part of his shirt that he had ripped off prior to tie a firm, strong knot over the cloth. He skillfully crossed the torn fabric with one hand before grabbing both ends of it and tugging down harshly, causing a strained scream to tear out from my throat.

I couldn't help the tears that slipped from my eyes in pain. I had severely bruised my hand on the run, and now the splintering cut with the tightening of the cloth? Ouchies. Big ouchies, my guy.

The pain was excruciating and now, not only did I just embarrass myself, but now, I was crying. A grown ass woman whose been through much worse was crying over a stupid cut she caused because she's sexually frustrated.

Suddenly a hand cupped my face, making me look up once more.

Daryl had cupped my face to wipe the tears from my face. Though his face expression was numb, his eyes were soft with concern. His other hand held mine, his palm pressed to mine, putting pressure one it as he pressed the back of my hand into his knee.

Something about the way he looked at me was hypnotizing. Almost like he was slowly drawing me without even moving a single muscle. Hell, I was so stuck in this trance, I didn't even notice that I had started to lean in until my lips pressed against his scarred, chapped, rough, yet soft and plump ones. Once the feeling of our mouths colliding, I snapped out of it and quickly pulled back, looking at him wide eyed before hurriedly squeezing my eyes shut, expecting him to snap at me for kissing him.

But to my surprise, I felt his hand that still remained on my face tuck a stray strand of hair behind my ear, his large, calloused fingers gently caressing my cheek as he did so. And before I could even comprehend it, his lips were on mine once again.

My eyes flew open in shock just as he pulled away, his eyes fluttering open and instantly gazing into mine with a... Gentle and loving look that I've never seen before, not even with the people in my past relationship.

What made me even more surprised, he looked so vulnerable and he was blushing slightly. Daryl Dixon was BLUSHING. And he kissed ME.

All the walls he had up for basically all his life were tumbling down like the grand buildings of Pompeii. He was finally letting someone get so close to him... Me of all people, too. Sure, he gave hugs, but just the slight thought of him kissing someone seemed impossible.

We gazed into each other's eyes for a couple seconds before we almost instinctively leaned in at the same time, our eyes closing and our lips slotting together once more. He kissed me firm, but delicately, his lips massaging against mine. As I kissed back with just as much passion; if not more, my free hand moved to hold the back of his neck, my fingers instantly losing themselves in his messy, greasy hair. I internally cringed at the feeling of the oily feeling, but in the moment, I quickly forgot when I felt his teeth graze my bottom lip.

Once I felt him gracefully tease my lip with his teeth, I gasped. Daryl took this opportunity to slip his tongue past my lips and in to tease mine. I was instantly engulfed by his taste; he tasted like cooked venison, a cigarette smokey texture coating the food, and a bit like dirt... So he basically tasted like last night's dinner but with some dirt as the seasoning with a dash of smoke... It tasted kinda nice, I won't lie. It tasted like a really nice dinner...