C.10

Willow sits in the common room, flicking through her grimoire as she waits for the boys to get ready for breakfast "We're here, sorry we're running late

Willow sits in the common room, flicking through her grimoire as she waits for the boys to get ready for breakfast "We're here, sorry we're running late." Draco tells her as he, Blaise and Theo walk over to join her. "It's alright, I took the time to go over a few spells Uncle Henrik gave me." Willow smiles, closing her grimoire and standing up. The four of them head to the Great Hall, smiling when they see Ron and harry at Gryffindor table. They head over, some students glaring at them as Willow hugs Harry and Ron "Where were you, we were worried?" she tells them. "They decided to fly Mr Weasley's car here, crashing it into the Whomping Willow." Hermione tells them. "You did what?!" Willow shouts. The two of them look sheepish at her as the four Slytherins join them at the table to eat, Neville sitting by them "Mail's due any minute—I think Gran's sending a few things I forgot." he tells them. "How was your summer Neville?" Willow asks. "It was good, thanks. What about you?" Neville asks. Before Willow can respond, Errol lands in a jug of milk "Errol!" Ron exclaims, pulling Errol out by the feet.

Errol slumps onto the table, unconscious, a damp red envelope in his beak. "Oh, no—" Ron gasps. "It's all right, he's still alive." Hermione tells him, prodding Errol gently with the tip of her finger. "It's not that—it's that." Ron responds, pointing at the letter. "Uh oh." Willow says, looking at it with the boys. "What's the matter?" Harry asks in confusion. "She's—she's sent me a Howler." Ron says faintly. "You'd better open it, Ron, it'll be worse if you don't. My gran sent me one once, and I ignored it and it was horrible." Neville tells him. "What's a Howler? It'll all be over in a few minutes—" Blaise tells the red head. Ron reaches out a shaking hand and takes the letter, Neville, Willow, Blaise, Draco and Theo stuffing their fingers in their ears as Ron opens it "—STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE—LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD BOTH HAVE DIED—ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED—YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME." Mrs Weasley's voice shouts, dust falling from the ceiling as the crockery and silverware shakes on the tables.

The red envelope drops to the table, bursting into flames and curling into ashes. A few people laugh but stop when Willow turns and glares at them. Hermione looks at them "Well, I don't know what you expected, Ron, but you—" she starts. "Don't tell me I deserved it." Ron snaps. "Hey, don't snap at her just because you got in trouble for doing something incredibly stupid and dangerous!" Willow glares at him. Professor McGonagall walks along and passes out schedules, giving Willow and the boys theirs "I got them from Professor Snape for you." she tells them before moving on. "We've got Herbology first." Willow says, looking at her timetable. "Same here." Hermione nods. "Come on, we better get going." Draco says, standing up. The others copy him and start walking out the Great Hall and in the direction of the greenhouses, Willow walking next to Harry "Uncle Finn and Uncle Elijah have a few contacts they're using at the Ministry to try and help Remus with everything." she tells him. "So this summer?" Harry asks. "Hopefully, you're also coming with us for Christmas for our annual ball. Same with Mione, Draco, Theo, Blaise, Ron and his brothers. Don't worry about clothes, Dad already said we can go shopping when we get home." Willow smiles. Harry smiles and nods, excited about having Christmas with all his friends this year.