10. Parallel Lines - Meeting?

Start from the beginning

It's awfully silent, and you can't hear any sort of hubbub from outside the door. Jungkook must be asleep. Reaching over for your phone, your eyes squint at the time, which reads nine forty-seven in the morning. Early start, but you never let yourself sleep in too late, plus you have some parents to visit today.

Firming the frostiness, you wince as the floorboard creaks beneath your feet, opening the bedroom door to the living room.

Draped with a blanket, Jungkook lays serenely in repose, his soft breathing and the noises of the city awakening being the only sounds around you.

Quiet, you head round the back of the sofa into the kitchen, not without peeking a nosy eye at his peaceful state first. Breakfast to you is a luxury, you always either forget to eat in the morning, or you just have no time. You prioritise other things.

Cereal sounds good enough, you hum to yourself and mindlessly zip around the cabinets, preparing your morning fuel. As you whisk around, Jungkook's slumber isn't as peaceful as it seems.

Foreign thoughts carve messages and leave inky stains in the pristine white walls of his subconscious mind, things he wouldn't ever think about, things he wants to forget. It's like he's torturing himself on purpose.

Last night you had woken up from the couch to find him in the kitchen getting himself some water. He had changed into his pajamas.

"What time is it?" You barely held yourself up, squinting into the darkness. His voice was soft, yet cutting.
"Just gone half seven." He ran the tap over a mug. He wouldn't look at you.

"Okay," He heard you yawn, bringing the cup to his lips, "Could you wake me up in, like, an hour?" You lay yourself back down, his footsteps approaching.

"Mhm." You awaited the comforting warmth of his body beside yours as you curled your legs up to your chest, making space for him to sit back down. Took awhile, but he sat, nonetheless. You draped your legs across his lap and closed your eyes as the faint noise of the TV drowned out your thoughts.

"Hey, T?" He said, voice barely above a whisper.

"Hm?" You exhaled, drifting in and out of sleep. Silent. You're unsure whether he said something and you were too tired to hear it. "Yeah?" You spoke again.

He inhaled, "Don't worry about it, go back to sleep." Silence. Sleep.

Now you sit, in front of the sofa, cross legged and watching a basically muted episode of Regular Show, a sleeping Jungkook behind you. Always behind you.

Peeking through his eyelids, he starts to stretch and the crunch of your breakfast makes his mouth water. Stomach grumbling, you feel his fingers poke at the back of your head.

"Good morning to you too." Putting your empty bowl on the coffee table, you turn around and instantly smile at the sight. Cheeks puffy, his hair sticks out at every angle, and the wrinkle between his brows makes a guest appearance as he squints at you.

"Time?" Croaking through the blanket, he rubs his face, taking time for his brain to start up for the day.
"Uh," You check your phone, "Ten fifteen."

He's silent for a minute, you suppose he's snuggled back under the blankets and you're right. He doesn't allow himself to doze off though, stretches his arms out above him. He looks like a cat, it's adorable.

"You want some breakfast?" You coo, turning to look at him. He nods slowly, his features twisting as his eyes adjust to the light of day.

"Mm, please." He utters out between stretches and writhes, before perching himself up on his elbows. Finally, he gets a good look at you.