4.5 day off

finally a day off!! the boss had been working you and akutagawa to the bone with jobs. on your day off, you decided to go shopping you invited akutagawa to come with you since he had nothing else going on he decided to, which was a mistake on his part because he ended up as your personal bag carrier, he got frustrated as more and more bags ended up on his arm, you two were walking back to the car with the driver that brought you here, if you got in the car and akutagawa placed all of your bags in the trunk then you both sat in the back seat. "that was beyond disrespectful and embarrassing" he scolded

"what was" you asked confused

"MAKING YOUR SUPERIOR CARRY YOUR THINGS" he yelled "do you understand that you do what i say? i won't be disrespected like that again." rashōmon cornered you towards the car window that was furthest from Akutagawa.

"that's far less disrespect than you show me" you spat back "why don't you respect me akutagawa? for a matter of fact why don't you respect anyone?" you said through gritted teeth.

"simply, because I am stronger than you, and your existence serves me no purpose" he said casually

"who's existence does then?" you asked rolling your eyes

"osamu dazai, he gave me a reason to live, and all i want is for him to acknowledge me. i respect him the most." he coughed them continued through gritted teeth "i've done everything to get acknowledged by dazai, while the weretiger doesn't even have to try!" he slammed his fist on the seat in front of him.

"well thats stupid, from what i've heard from you you're basically living for someone who constantly disrespected you and belittled you because he gave you a reason to live? he might've given you one reason, but there are plenty of reasons to keep living. you didn't deserve to be treated that way by him akutagawa." you spoke.

his eyes widened as if he'd never expected anyone to tell him he deserved better. his eyes softened at you for a moment but then hardened right back to his icey cold glare
"don't speak of dazai like that" he growled

"i'm not saying he is a bad person, im just saying aku, he wasn't a good mentor to you. and if it makes things any better you are strong akutagawa, and he definitely knows it." you smiled and raised your hands in surrender.

"DONT CALL ME THAT" he said all embarrassed "i'd do almost anything for dazai." he said sadly. rashomon returned to him.

wow you didn't know he had emotions besides arrogance and anger.

"but would he do the same for you?" you asked softly, you saw tears start to swell in akutagawas eyes. but he quickly blinked them away.

"of corse he would" he said very sure of himself "...of course he would" he sounded less sure this time. "well.. no" he sighed.

you scooted closer to him in the car and put your hand on his shoulder, you expected to be slapped away but he didn't hit you away. you wrapped your arms around him and gave him a hug, you felt like he needed it more than this wake up call. he was frozen at first he just sat there stiffly as you hugged him. he would never admit it but he appreciated it.

you didn't know it yet, but you had finally opened up the heart of akutagawa just a little bit.