Chapter 5 - The Trench

"It's stalking us."

The Trench
Depth 25,000ft

You're walking the trench away from dive 1 with Jonas, Meying, Rigas and Sal. Jonas a few feet before your group. He puts a fist up and you all stop.

He starts walking carefully forward a few step when he feels something on his shoulder, he whips around raising his gun.

"Hey, whoa!" Jiuming raises his hand in the air.

"I almost killed you. The hell are you doing?"

"Saving your ass." Jiuming answers him. "And walking back to that station. What are you doing?" He asks.

"Saving your ass.. And walking back to that station." He answers. "We don't have much time. Let's keep going." Jonas says and goes.

Meying comes up and hugs her uncle. They start

"Hey, hey." Sal says and you turn to her but she's talking to Lance. "Let me check.. Alright you need to calm down, or you're gonna run out of oxygen, Lance." She tells him.

"I don't think i can." He says breathlessly.

"Hey Lance." You say and he looks at you. "Think of this as cosplay." You tell him and talk a little to try and calm him down. "Or we could be paint-balling." Rigas chuckles and turn to you.

"Yeah, like the ultimate team building exercise." Rigas says.

"We need to get distance while the megs are occupied." Jonas tells you.

"Three kilometres to destination." His tablet announces.

"Away from the megs is fine by me." Meying says.

"We're a strong group. We can do this." Jiuming tries to encourage them.

You can't help but admire the view as you walk through the trench.

"Amazing." Meying says as she looks around in awe.

"Light, cutting us of from Mother Nature." Jiuming says.

"It's incredible. There's new species all around us."

"Hey look!" Sal says gesturing to a (I don't remember what it's called now). "It's beautiful."

Lance and you come up behind her, lance goes closer with her as you stay a few feet away watching them.

"Hello, there little biolumin—" He says but as he leans closer an eel attacks him. He screams. "Ah! It's a snake! Get this monster off my head."

You walk up to him and grabs the eel, peeling it off him.

"No touching." You tell him.

"He started it." He mutteres and you walk past them.

(Scenes up on Mana One, with Mac, Dj and Jess.)

Later...

"Is it just me or does walking three kilometres under water sound like hard work?"