1. *TW. mentions of SA

I sat on the tree outside of my window watching the stars like I do everynight. I flick my fingers watching the small fire ignite them disappear with every flick.  A useless power in my opinion. Having a power that is the only way to kill one of us seems to have an ironic way of torture.

I looked at the fire.  The heat never bothered me.  The burn in Carlise venom running through my veins was worse than the heat the comes from my fingers.

The burn of the frostbite as I laid there with Rosalie in the cold snow that night hurt worse than the venom.  I have watched Rosalie heal from that night.  I think it has a lot to do with Emmett.  Rose was hard and cold after that night. After we were changed.  I was like her for a while.  I was pissed my life got yanked away. 

I had accepted that I was going to die there in the street.  I laid there my hand in Roses. I think the pain of having 5 men have their way with me hurt worse than all the others. Once Rose found Emmett she got better.  She really relished in her sexuality and she healed from that night.

After she met Emmett and spent years away.  In those years I left.  I spent some time as a nomad. I spent time with the Romanian coven. Those 2 decades really helped me healed. Even though neither were my mates we still had fun. We spent hours tangled between the sheets.  Sometimes two of us while others were all three of us.

It was a fun time but once I got word that Rose and Emmett were back with the Cullens I came back. I had only been back a decade now and I love watching everyone together and happy.  

I may still be searching for my mate but I knew he is closer than i realize. As much as I hate Forks.  Well I hate the rain. I love the tiny town.

I was pulled from my thoughts by Rosalie and Emmett laughing. I smiled at my sisters laugh.  It was always the best thing. I sighed closing my eyes as I listen to Carlise type on his computer in his study.  I heard on the far distance the sounds of heavy foot steps.  Probably the wolves walking the treaty line.

Edward went to Bellas tonight while Alice and Jasper went hunting. I heard Esme walk into my room.  I jumped down and landed lightly on my balcony. I walked in and smiled at the women I call mom.

"Are you sure you want to go with Carlise this Friday. I would but I have that new interior design gig.'' She asked as she sat on my bed.  I sat next to her and she grabbed my hand.

"I can do it.  We have been doing this for like 100 years. I haven't done it ever.  So it is going to be nice to actually meet them.'' I said with a smile. 

"Okay.  Just watch Paul.  He has a temper.'' She said almost in a worried tone.

''Don't worry mom.  I will be on my best behavior.'' I said with a smile. She laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Oh.  That gives me so much comfort." She said.  I giggled and leaned back on my bed as she got up.

''Just be glad he isn't taking me and Emmett." I said as she walked out of my room. She stopped and looked at me.

"You and Emmett are trouble makers.  I am surprised you haven't gotten kicked out of school.'' She admonished with a soft smile.

''You have a really good disappointed face.  So. We are don't want that look from you.'' I said with a shrug.  She just smiled softly and walked out.  I sighed looking at the fireplace.  She had placed some wood in there. I opened my palm and threw a small ball of fire too light it.

Even dead I like the warmth from a real fire.  I like the small and the sounds.  The one thing that I can say is a plus that I can actually see every little crack and snap od the wood.  Which I love to watch then and especially now.  It gives me a lot of comfort.

"Hey you." I looked up and smiled at Rose.  She was leaning against the door with a smirk.

''Hey. What's up?'' I asked looking back to the fire as she walked to me.

''Esme said you were looking a little distant tonight." She said as she sat next to me.

''Just letting my mind wonder. You would think that after almost 70 years it wouldn't as fresh.  Sometimes it just hits.'' I shrug trying to make it seem like not a big deal. But the fire in the fireplace was flickering higher.

"Sometimes when Emmett and me are having sex I get flashbacks.  He is very good at talking me down. I think it will stay with us forever.  But those days have started to come far and in between.  I think it has been about 1 year or so since that last happened.  I think once you meet your mate it will be better." Rose explained. I laid back down but placed my head on her lap as she talked.

"I think it will be soon. Alice keeps being cryptic. But keeps saying it will be soon.'' I said closing my eyes as she started to play with my hair.  Just like we were kids.  We use to braid each others hair until we were changed.  We still do it now.

"Watch it be a mutt.'' Rose snarked then laughed.  I felt my stomach twist.  Like I feel like I need to defend them.

''Why don't you like them?'' I asked opening my eyes and looking up at her.

"They want to kill us. For just existing.  We didn't choose this.  But they still want to kill us. Even though we don't kill humans. We freaking protect them." Rose said in an annoyed tone.

"What will happen if Edward chooses to change Bella?'' I asked.  She dropped her hand from my light blonde hair.

''We would have to leave. I don't hate her. I love this house.  I love this town. We would have to leave as the treaty would be broken." She said with an growl.

"If he does change her he will have to leave before he does. I don't want to leave here." I said seriously.

I closed my eyes and if could sleep I would.  Rose went back to playing with my hair and the sound of the fire bring me comfort. I could heard the steps of the wolve 20 miles away. The repetitive sounds of the paws brought me comfort.