"This was a good idea," I say, taking a bite of my sandwich.

Fowler nods, his mouth full of food. He swallows before speaking. "Definitely. We should make this a tradition."

I smile, the idea appealing. "I'd like that."

We finish our meal and head back into the fray, ready to tackle the rest of our shopping list. Fowler points towards a high-end gadget store with a knowing smile. "For Locke, something techy, right? He's always fiddling with the latest tech."

"Absolutely," I agree, recalling Locke's penchant for new gadgets.

We enter the store, and it's like stepping into the future. Sleek devices gleam under bright lights, each promising to be the next big thing. After much deliberation, Fowler picks up a set of smart home plugs. "He can control the lights, music, everything with these. Locke will turn his place into a spaceship with these things."

I laugh, imagining Locke's apartment transforming with his every whim. "Perfect choice."

Next, we head to a sports store for Cruz. The smell of leather and rubber greets us as we walk in, a mix of athletic wear and equipment surrounding us.

"Cruz is all about outdoor adventure," I muse, thinking about Cruz's latest hiking story. "Maybe something he can use on his trips?"

Fowler nods, heading towards the camping gear. "How about a high-tech insulated water bottle? Keeps drinks hot or cold for hours. Perfect for his hikes."

"Great idea," I say as he picks a sleek, sturdy bottle off the shelf.

With those two down, we split up to find gifts for each other. I find myself wandering through a bookstore, the smell of paper and ink comforting and familiar. I pick up a novel I've been eyeing for weeks, but sit it back down almost immediately. I'm not here to shop for myself.

For Fowler, I should head to the game store. He loves video games and board games.

In the gaming store, the bright colors and endless array of boxes create a labyrinth of entertainment. I walk past rows of video games, but it's the board games that catch my eye.

Fowler enjoys strategy and wit in his games, something that challenges and entertains in equal measure. I remember him mentioning a new strategy game that's been getting rave reviews. I find it, the box art promising epic battles and cunning diplomacy. It feels right, a game we could all enjoy on game nights.

With the game securely under my arm, I head to the checkout, my mind drifting to the many game nights we've shared. Fowler always brings a fun, competitive spirit that makes every game night memorable.

We meet back at the designated spot, each of us trying to hide our purchases but failing to suppress our smiles. "Got everything?" Fowler asks, his eyes flicking to the bag in my hand.

"Almost," I say, tucking the bag closer to me. "I still haven't gotten anything for Marx."

"Me either. He's a tough one to buy for," Fowler states.

"Let's walk around and see if we can find anything," I say, looking around to figure out where we should go.

As we continue our journey through the mall, I can't help but notice the wide array of stores, each promising the perfect gift for someone special. But what do you get a guy like Marx, who seems to have a specific and refined taste? I glance at Fowler, who seems just as perplexed.

"Marx is into music, right? Maybe something related to that?" I suggest, recalling the one time Marx mentioned his favorite band.

Fowler nods thoughtfully. "Yeah, maybe."