1|Witch and Cockroach~

Start from the beginning

Shanaya's Outfit

There is a myth that if your Mehendi's colour turned out to be darker than usual then your future husband will love you a lot or someone else is in love with you. I chuckled as this thought came in my mind while scrutinising my hands.

"It's just the magic of chemicals mixed in the mehendi otherwise who will love me?" I chuckled slapping my forehead for thinking this way.

......................................................

As Baba pressed the doorbell and the three of us patiently waited for someone to open the door, Baba was holding two bags in which there were boxes of sweets which my parents bought for this dawat. A few minutes later a six foot tall "cockroach" opened the door. Oh sorry, my bad! A six foot tall man opened the door revealing my childhood enemy, Dr Aahan Rahman Shahyan.

He was wearing a navy blue panjabi with a watch paired on his left hand.

Shahyan's Outfit

Coincidentally, the colours of our attires were same. Oh shut up, Shanaya! Stop thinking, nonsense!

He greeted my parents with a smile fixated on his face and well, he just glanced at me and moved his eyes away from me before inviting us inside. I also totally ignored him.

As we came inside I was shocked to see that we were the only guests present there. It was Eid so, there should have been more guests at their home but their seemed to be no one other than us and moreover their circle seemed big.

I greeted uncle and aunty. Uncle patted my head while aunty smiled at me and pulled my cheeks.

In amidst of this reunion and camaraderie, I sneakily whispered in my mother's ears.

"Ammu, are we the only guests present here?"

"I don't know! Don't ask me." Ammu replied simply, I sighed looking at my mother.

Meanwhile, Nysha and Nishtha got informed of our arrival and they came out of their room in no time. I engulfed both of them in a hug as it has been a long time since we have met and greeted Eid Mubarak to each other.

Sabiha aunty told Nysha and Nishtha to take me in their room. I went inside with them happily as my mother signalled me to.

"Ahhh! Shanaya we are meeting after so long I missed you a lot." Nysha beamed in just as we entered in their room.

"Yes, Shanaya Apu we missed you a lot." Nishtha beamed in as well, ecstatically. I smiled at their words.

"Awww, I missed you two a lot as well." I replied smiling at both of them.