1|Witch and Cockroach~

Hum Tum Mile Na Jaane Jaana Rab Ka Faisla~

Teri Meri Love Story Lagdi Mujhe Chichori~
Dhyaan Se Toh Sun Le Zara~

Hum Tum Mile Na Jaane Jaana Rab Ka Faisla~

22nd April, 2023

Shanaya's POV

I was lying down in my bed, scrolling reels and talking to my friends on Instagram whilst scrunching a packet full of chips in my mouth. Abruptly, the door of my room burst open revealing my mother standing on the doorway of my room. She came inside my room and I looked up to find her narrowing her eyes while looking at me.

"Shanaya, today is Eid and here you are munching chips in your mouth? Come on, dear you are supposed to get ready, wear new clothes and take pictures." Ammu exclaimed looking at me with eyes full of surprise before taking my packet full of chips and munching them in her mouth.

"Ammu, I already got ready in the morning!" I exclaimed shrugging my hands.

"Okay, now get up from your bed and get ready we have to go on a dawat." Ammu said handing me over the packet of chips.

"Dawat? Where?" I asked confusingly.

"You don't know?"

"No, you guys did not told me anything that we have a dawat today."

"Ohh, sorry. Actually, the dawat was not confirmed yet which is why we might have forgot to tell you." Ammu replied nonchalantly.

"Whose house are we going?" I questioned.

"We are going to Sabiha aunty's place." Ammu beamed.

"WHAT NO! I AM NOT GOING THERE!" I almost screamed out.

"WHY? WHAT HAPPENED?" Ammu questioned.

"That cockroach is going to be there as well. I am just fed up of seeing his face everywhere." I replied while Ammu slapped her forehead lightly in response.

"So what? Nysha and Nishtha will also be present there. Now, Shanaya don't make useless excuses and don't argue with me come on, get up and quickly get dressed before your father comes here screaming your name." Ammu said reprimanding me before closing the door behind.

"AHHH!" I whined knowing that I don't have any other choice than to get up and get dressed.

Within an hour later, I found myself dressed in an navy blue net salwar kameez paired with an silk dupatta. I did my makeup, wore matching jewelleries contrasting with my dress. I straightened my curly hairs into straight because I was in the mood of straightening my hair in this outfit. I, then looked at my hands which were glimmering brightly with the dark colour of mehendi. Yesterday night, one of my distant cousins applied mehendi on both of my hands. I looked carefully at the colour of my mehendi which has darkened pretty much than usual over just one night.

 I looked carefully at the colour of my mehendi which has darkened pretty much than usual over just one night