Chapter One ~ A Beginning With A Few Consequences.

Start from the beginning

Facing his father in front of the old oak desk, brought back childhood memories whenever he saw it and made him wish he had a brother to take that place in that chair. Lucas has no intention of taking over the family business from his father.

"You know why I've summoned you Lucas, by the look on your face you're already thinking about it." His father said observably, snapping him out of his reverie.

Lucas sighed.

"Father...We've already been through this, how many times do I have to tell you until you understand, I'm not taking over the family business and that's final. Yes I have worked for you before but now I have become successful on my own without your influence. Besides isn't there someone in this house that does want to take over the business? You have been ignoring her entirely father." Lucas said annoyed.

He frowned.

"I will not let a woman run my business into shams." Father said distastefully.

Lucas's blood boiled, his eyes turning red.

"That woman father is your daughter. Your own flesh and blood. My sister. Aren't you being a tad bit sexist? There's nothing wrong with a woman taking over a very well respected job. This isn't the 1930's. Come on father let go of this already, stop being so old fashioned , mother would turn in her grave if she knew you were being so stubborn about letting me go off and do want I want and letting Molly take over my position. At least there's someone else that wants to do it that's better then having no one." Lucas concluded, not wishing to have this argument again.

He turned around and walked to the door, he opened it and then looked behind him at his father. 

"This conversation is over father. You won't change my mind I can guarantee that. Now I'm moving out tonight. Truly consider letting Molly take over, she's more then capable, definitely more then I ever could be. This could be you're opportunity to improve your attitude towards her and earn her forgiveness. Become closer to her then you were before mother died." Lucas finished, stepping past the door and shutting the door before his father could retaliate.

As Lucas headed towards his bedroom, he heard banging noises and crashing sounds from behind him. Later that afternoon would be the trigger to Lucas's world turning unexpectedly. Little did he know how interesting it would turn out to be. 12 O'clock rolled around, Lucas's stuff had been delivered to his knew home which he had started to unpack. Unknown to Lucas that his first mail had come through the door. A white note containing a time, location and a significant name printed in black. 

~~~

Stepping up to the front door of a cheesy smelling apartment, Jennifer went through her jean pocket as Private Detective Jasmine Sharp gave her instructions through her ear piece.

"Once you're put your hand in your pocket, look around the floor as if your searching for a penny or an earring." Jasmine instructed.

The green door with its chipped paint work and rusty brass knocker opened to reveal a middle aged man, he had a serious expression on his face. His head was shaved and shining and he was wearing a green t-shirt. He had a dragon tattoo on his hairy big arms.

"Hello I'm Penny Lee from Lovemykitchen.com. May I look at your kitchen? That's all I want to do." Smiling Jennifer thought is this going to work.