L E T G O

It had been quite sometime since Yeonjun had walked inside that cave. The water was stiller than the usual ebb and flow and the sun was on the verge of melting away completely, leaving it's last streaks of gleam to illuminate the already cherry hued sky. Except the cawing of crows flying towards their nest, there was hardly any movement. It felt like the moment was frozen in a picturesque landscape.

"Yeonjun's taking too long. I'm worried." Hyun-Ae said rubbing her arms as she felt a cold chill run through her arms before leaving her be.

"We can't do anything, we've tried. Yang's sealed the entrance." Mumbled Soobin as a frown settled on his face. "We hardly could get the winning end of the bargain here anyway... But what seal the entrance with his magic?" He shook his head trying to shake off the crisp sinking feeling pulling him down into a puddle of negetive assumptions.

"Maybe he just didn't want us to barge in?" Taehyun suggested taking a thick gulp. It was really an attempt to ease of of their nerves, his included. Failed, but a conscious attempt nonetheless.

"I just... Don't feel too good." Said Hyun-Ae. She curled herself up and rested her head on her knees, hugging them closer to her chest thinking of all the good memories she shared with her Yeonjun. Her Yin. She'd have to see just Yin one last time she realised as the time passed by. Soon he'd be one with Yang and even though they are the same, and her Yeonjun would not change, at least... Not that much. She couldn't think of a brighter version of him as soon as Yang latches himself back with Yin. She quickly tried to get rid of those thoughts. It was exactly why all this mess started in the first place. She needed to be open minded. She had to do it, not only for Yeonjun's sake, but for her own.

"It's getting too dark... I don't like this. I'm done waiting." Said Kai as he finally gave up and stood up.

"And what can you possibly do about it? Shout standing at the entrance until he lets you in?" Beomgyu said sarcastically rolling his eyes.

For a moment Kai looked at him blankly, a thought clearly swirling in his head before answering a soft. "Hmm."

Beomgyu squinted his eyes and looked at him as if he didn't quite catch on. "What?"

"I mean yes. Yes, that is exactly what I'm gonna do. At least, it's better than doing nothing and waiting around." He answered before stomping towards the cave again, the water drowning the sound of his march.

"Yeonjun! Yaah!!! Come out!" He screamed only for his voice to be echoed back at him.

Hyun-Ae too stood up and looked into the distance at her friend. "I'm going too. He's right." She said before taking off.

"But—" Soobin tried to hold her back but to no awail as the girl joined Kai's side and started shouting too.

"Yeonjun I swear to God come out right now!!!" Her voice broke a little towards the end but still there was no reply whatsoever. It felt like there was no one inside anymore but just an empty, hollow cave.

"Yang don't you dare hurt him! What are you doing that's taking so long!? Yeonjun!" She called again and tried to go inside but was immediately pushed back by the magical force sealing the entrance as she lost her balance and fell in the water.

"Hyun-Ae!" The boys in the distance quickly tried to get to her side to help her up and Kai held her arm to soften the blow but Hyun-Ae could feel something very wrong gnawing at her gut. She was starting to let the feeling of fear starting to get to her finally.

The girl coughed a little and clenched her eyes close when the ice cold water splashed on her face like stabbing needles and her heart almost felt the searing cold. "Yang you let Yin out right this moment!!!" She screamed in desperation.

They looked far inside, even if it was just a bleak darkness staring back at them, mocking them, they expected, no, wanted their Yeonjun to walk out safe and sound. They waited for a second, a minute as time ticked by, but no one came out, neither did anyone respond. There was no reassurance or a cry for help... It was just dead quite.

In all that waiting, little did they know that the moon was in full bloom now. The water had taken the same colour as the insides of the dark cave and it was no longer sane to be standing there. "Hyun-Ae, we can't keep standing here. It's dark." He said. When the girl didn't respond, he tried to shake her by the shoulder, "Listen to me Hyun-Ae!" He said firmly but the girl didn't budge.

Soobin stared for a moment and then sighed in defeat. "Come on please." He said and ran a hand through his hair. "Do you want to get pneumonia?" He groaned.

"But we can't leave Yeonjun..." Hyun-Ae trailed off, her voice sounding broken than she looked, it was weak, pleading and scared. Too scared.

"Yang wouldn't let him get hurt. They're one Hyun-Ae." Soobin tried to explain. "But he would most probably be quite happy if you die here waiting in the cold."

This time, it was Beomgyu that spoke, "I agree. He probably wants this. He is evil, remember? He would want you to hurt. What if this is what he wants? To hurt us so it can hurt Yin in return? He lost... Himself because of..." He trailed off not wanting to voice it.

"Me." Hyun-Ae completed it instead, watching hopelessly the interior of the cave.

"He'll be fine... But you're cold." Kai said wrapping an arm around her to pull her close. She was so cold, but she didn't even notice it. It wasn't until she felt Kai's warm embrace that it struck her. Something happened, something, which suddenly made her break into tears as she sobbed and weeped hard as if she were mourning. The boys were confused, they had no idea what was going on. She wasn't saying anything, or answering them any longer, but had broken completely in Kai's arms. She clutched on to him and cried hard.

"Hyun-Ae... It'll be alright, shh." Kai whispered to her, but he was afraid she couldn't even hear him anymore as she couldn't do much but cry.

It wasn't until a while until she has finally stopped crying and took a step back with her wobbly feet. "Let's just go." She said softly. She had an unreadable look in her eyes. The boys wanted to ask her, but she spared one last glance at the cave and took a deep breath as she turned around.

"Let go."