U N R A V E L

I ran out of the house, something in me poking at the thought that I should reach Soobin before that dragon could, and for some reason, I knew I can't delay this. It's lingering, waiting for the right moment to strike and looking out for an opportunity to get him. I had to reach to him before that dragon could. He may or may not remember about it, but he was the key to all of this chaos around us, and the solution to all, but I wasn't sure if the dragon would hurt him, or not. I was just concerned, and it wasn't a good feeling.

My legs came to a stop and I hadn't realised how much they hurt until I stood still. They felt like they'd collapse in the middle of the road as I stood there, watching the boys returning from school. They were just the same, talking and bantering about some joke one of them cracked or maybe it was Beomgyu pulling Yeonjun's leg.

"Huh? Hyun Ae? What are you doing here?" Taehyun was the first to notice me, catching everyone's attention making them look at me.

Yeonjun looked at me and smiled faintly, taking a step forward to reach out to me. "Did you come all the way to walk home with us? That's sweet... But, why are you panting? Did you run?" He kept talking, his voice a soothing but a far off aid to my ears as he was about to hold my hand but my eyes were glued on Soobin with a firm expression of concern to let him know - to let them know - that this was something serious.

"Hyun-Ae are you feeling okay? What did Sana and hyungs tell you?" Soobin asked while his smile wavered, falling a bit looking at my state.

"We need to talk." I said firmly. When I noticed all of them were looking at me expectantly, thinking about what I might say perhaps, I continued, "They told me the truth about that dragon. It is the balance meant to keep the universe stable and... It's lost its other half. He... The dragon, he's the Yang alone and it's not right. Yin and Yang need to be together to create the perfect balance. He's lost the other half of itself and the Universe is in danger if Yang goes rampant." I said.

"What- What are you implying then? And what do we have to do with this?" Beomgyu questioned, his eyes widening after a moment. "you don't mean... It's something to do with us?"

I sighed and bit my lip as my eyes slowly went to rest on Soobin and I breathed out a, "Yes... One of us, is yin. And the dragon's started attacking us, ever since..."

"—Ever since Soobin became a human to live with us?" Taehyun completed my sentence, a weird tension settling over our shoulders.

"But what are we to do then? You can't imply that we sacrifice Soobin to him! It's dangerous! Plus- we don't know for a fact if Soobin is Yin!" Kai interrupted, a defensive glare on his face.

"What- No! I'd never suggest sacrificing Soobin!" I exclaimed back. "And there can't be any other person! It's obvious Kai..." I was about to continue but we heard a terrifying screech and suddenly felt tiny droplets of water pattering on our skin.

Looking up at the sky, we just hadn't realised how dark the sky had become. Blanketed with thick misty grey clouds, crackling up and grumbling with florescent, yet terrifying lights striking across them as the loud grumble of thunder came soon after.

"It's going to rain." Soobin finally broke the silence, his face looking paler than ever, and it's probably the first time I have seen him... Scared. He was scared of what might happen, and of that screech. He was near. That dragon had surely found us.

"Soobin we won't let you go." I said to reassure him, holding his hand in mine in a tight grip to tell him we all would protect him. "And... Jungkook, Namjoon, all of them will help us." I tried to say when Beomgyu put a hand on my shoulder. "Hyun-Ae, I think we should find a shelter to hide. It's found us... And if you're right, Soobin is in danger."