11

A/N: HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY TO DINAH! SHE IS FINALLY 18! IT TOOK SOME TIME!!!

Lauren's POV:

I woke up with a massive head ache. Yesterday – after Camila left, I had drank away all my sorrows. I peered down at my palms under the covers of my bed and noticed I had red blood-stained marks all over. Fuck.

"So the school rang – you didn't tell me your English teacher has been tutoring you while I'm at work." My mom sat on the edge of my bed, stroking my hair, causing me to jump and hide my hands under the duvet.

"Yeah. Sorry, it must've slipped my mind." I tried to sound convincing which surprisingly worked.

"How's it going?" She asked as I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Your therapy." She clarified. ('clarafied' get it...ok...)

"Great." I mumbled sarcastically.

"Oh, Lauren. I know you hate it but it's supposed to help you." She paused. "Do you like your English teacher?"

"W-what?!" I choked out.

"Is she a good teacher? Do you feel comfortable talking to her? She comes here four times a week; you could talk to her if it made you more comfortable." Clara smiled. Thank God she didn't mean if I was attracted to her or not!

"I actually have been speaking to her-" I paused when my mom crinkled her nose.

"LAUREN MICHELLE! HAVE YOU BEEN DRINKING?!" Clara bellowed, pulling my face closer to hers.

"No-"

"Don't lie! I can smell it on your breath! You promised me you'd never drink again after last time!" Clara screamed anger evident in her eyes.

It was a month ago – everything was going fine. I met this girl in the mall and we exchanged numbers. We had arranged to go out to a club that night. After 7 hours in the club, we were both paralytic! On the way out, this guy knocked into me, anger boiled inside of me and I pounced on him, throwing punches everywhere. Then the security guards rushed over, broke us apart and asked for ID. Me and my friend had snuck in because we were underage! The guards called the cops and I got fined with underage drinking, sneaking into buildings and physical violence. I spent a night in a police cell until my mom bailed me out the next day.

Her reaction was worse than I thought it would be. She's really protective these days – she only has me left. Chris and Taylor live with my dad which my mom didn't take very well and neither did I – their lack of contact is the reason I am the way I am today. I'd do anything to see them again. I wish we could all be a whole family again, all under one roof – happy.

"LAUREN!" My mom yelled, bring me back to reality. "I'm going to ring that English teacher of yours, informing her that if she catches you doing anything you shouldn't be, to ring me straight away."

"Why always my English teacher and not any other?" I questioned curiously.

"Because she sees you the most, you always talk about her and she told me she's 20 which is close to your age so she can probably relate better than any other teacher." Clara sighed.

"Why did she tell you her age?" My mom looks down. "Mom, you didn't!" Again, she continues to look down. "Please, please tell me you didn't go all weird on her, asking for a fact file about herself!"

"I'm sorry...I just like to know who my daughter is associated with." Clara stated.

"By acting like she's my fucking girlfriend?" I squeak.

"Language! And no! Like that'd ever happen! You're straight and she's your teacher – gross." My mom shook her head.

"S-so you're against the LGBT Community?" I mumble.

"Not against it, just not used to it. I've never known a gay...anyway one thing I don't support are student/teacher relationships. Those pervy teachers sicken me!" My mom scoffed as I sat there feeling uncomfortable.

"Right! I'll leave now whilst I go and call your teacher." She jumped up and headed towards the door. "Oh, and get dressed!"

Fuck. My. Life.