[2]

Word count: 909

Yejun POV

I groan at the sound of my ringtone, reaching my hand out to grab my phone from the small table next to my desk. I answer the call, my eyes still half shut.

"Hello?" I say with a raspy voice as I had just woken up.

"Yejun-ah!" I hear a familiar voice scream through the phone, making me slightly flinch away from the loud sound.

Li Sooyun, one of my best friends since grade school, but she moved half an hour away in the middle of sophomore year, and transferred to Seoul High School.

I hear her laughing behind the screen. "Did I wake you up?" She jokes.

I sit up right in my bed and bring the phone back to my ear. "Yeah, you did actually." I say with a sigh.

She laughs again. "I can tell." I roll my eyes at her answer. "Anyways, I was calling to let you know about a party tonight." She continues.

"A party?" I ask.

"Yeah. Someone at my school is throwing an enormous party tonight. I didn't want my bestest friend to get jealous of me going without her." She replies, putting some sarcasm on the 'bestest friend'.

"Just say you're too scared to go alone." I laugh at her white lie.

"Okay fine, I'm a little nervous to go. Can you please go with me?" She begs.

I sigh, taking a look at the time. 

'11:58 AM. Damn I woke up late.'

I then reply, "Alright. I'll go. What time is it?" 

"Yes!" She exclaims excitedly. "It's at 8. I'll send you the address."

"Okay. I'll meet you there then."

"Sounds good. See you soon! Bye Yejun-ah!"

"Buh-bye." I say, ending the call.

'I guess I should get out of bed.'

-

I'm grabbing my keys when I hear my phone ringing. Sooyun's name pops up on my screen, and I immediately answer the call.

"Hey! Where are you? It's already 8." She asks.

"Oh, I was just about to leave. I almost never show up to these things on time. You should know this by now." I say with a chuckle while hopping into my car.

She sighs. "You're right. I really expected nothing less from you."

"I'll be there in thirty-ish minutes. I'm sure you can find someone to accompany you inside. You got this."

I can hear her groan from the other side of the screen. "Easy for you to say."

"You'll be fine. Go inside and have fun. I'll be there soon." I reassure her.

"Fine. You better be speeding over here. See you soon." She then ends the call and I begin driving to the address she had sent me earlier.

-

After finally finding parking, I make my way toward the said address. I send Sooyun a quick message, telling her that I arrived, and she sends back a message, telling me to just walk in and I should see her.

As she said, I opened the door and immediately spotted her. She was conversing with a guy that was hungrily eyeing her legs that were being exposed by the tight, short skirt she was wearing, while she sipped on what I would assume to be an alcoholic drink in her red solo cup. I make my way through the small crowd of people, cringing a bit at the blasting music.

"Yejun-ah!" Sooyun yells out as she notices me. She embraces me while carefully trying not to spill her drink.

"Hey!" I reply back loudly, trying to speak over the booming music. "Looks like you're enjoying yourself." I say glancing at the guy she was previously talking to.

"I am." She replies with a giggle. "Anyways, if you want something to drink, the drinks are way over there." She says while pointing to the location of the drinks.

"Gotcha. I'm driving so I won't be having any alcohol. But I could use some water."

"Waters are over there too. But you'll be going by yourself. I'm gonna continue enjoying myself over here." She says with a wink.

I place my hand over my heart with a gasp. "The betrayal!" I say jokingly.

"Oh shut up!" She says pushing me toward the direction of the drinks as I laugh and start heading over.

As I'm making my way through the house, I see two figures on a couch that is situated in the center of the room ahead of me. A girl is sitting on top of a boy, her back facing toward me, and her fingers are tangled in his dark, fluffy hair as she kisses him. On the other hand, the boy, whose face is covered by the girl, has his arms lazily wrapped around her waist as he lets her do all of the work, almost seeming uninterested in the girl in front of him.

'Really? On the couch in front of everyone? Get a room.' I grimace at the scene in front of me.

The couple soon breaks apart, both of them out of breath. The girl slides off the male's lap, and I find myself staring at the dark haired boy as he looks strangely familiar. He then turns his head toward my direction, and we make eye contact. His eyes suddenly widen at the sight of me, seeming surprised by my presence. 

'Ah.' I quickly come to the realization, recognizing the boy in front of me.

Yang Jungwon. Han Iseul's boyfriend.

A/N

Hey everyone! How was this chapter? 

FYI I am not promoting underaged drinking, although I do recognize that it is something that does happen frequently in this day and age.

Don't forget to comment and vote on my story! See you in the next chapter!