Chapter Twenty-Seven: Flying

Start from the beginning

"Hey, where are we going, I never asked?" I see from my peripheral vision that she was looking at me.

"Some place I can have you all to myself."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The isolated mountain house was smaller than it was in its picture but still just as mesmerizing. Its siding was wood, giving it the appearance of a cabin.

The driveway to it had been bumpy and grown over letting me know no one had booked it in a really long time, the owners assured me that they had come and cleaned up everything yesterday, so that wasn't something we had to worry about.

"This is beautiful, August." She was staring at the woods surrounding us with awe.

"I thought you would like it."

She turns to me and sits her bags down by her feet. She walks to me lazily before throwing her arms around my neck. I freeze for a moment, taking in her unexpected touch before I engulfed her in my arms.

"Thank you for doing all of this for me." I could tell by the tone she was using, tears weren't far behind her words.

"Hey! Don't cry." I let her rest her head in the crook of my neck. "You've done more for me than you could ever imagine."

It was true. At the asylum, she picked up pieces of a man she barely knew. Wiping my bloodied knuckles, leaving me notes, giving me purpose when I had none. Her soft smiles, quiet words, gentle touch, and unwavering presence are the only reasons I'm still here today.

So this little vacation was so miniscule it didn't even dignify a thank you.

She saved me. It was only right of me to save her.

"Still, I just feel like I'm causing you problem after problem." I was brought back to her confession at the beach.

She feels like a burden everywhere she goes.

I sat her back down on her feet, grabbing ahold of her chin to make her look up at me so she knew how serious I was.

"You can't be a burden to someone who would turn the world upside down to see you smile." The words did just what I wanted them to do, and her lips curved up, that smile doing all kinds of things to me.

I glance down to her mouth, memories of our recent beach trip coming back. Her mouth had been so warm and welcoming, but before I could taste her again, I talked myself out of it.

"We should get inside." Her gaze bounces between my eyes, almost like she was pleading with me to take that step again.

Had she wanted me to kiss her?

I wasn't sure what this was, where this was leading, but I knew that I couldn't do life without her.

My feelings had landed me in a position where I didn't want to be. I had found someone to look forward to seeing. If something happen to this someone, then I would be back to that man in the mirror.

I had tried my hardest to stay away from that realization, that reality, but we were here.

So what was stopping me from acknowledging it?

What was stopping me from admitting that this feeling I claim to know nothing about was ...

Love.

I was so far gone...

So in love with May, i was scared that if she knew ...

If it was out in the open that this wasn't some sort of arrangement where we both just helped each other out, that if she knew I wasn't using her and I was falling so hard I was sure to get hurt.

That she would get scared.

That she would run.

That she would leave me, and then I would be in the same position I was all of them months ago before I heard her humming in her not so white room.

Just because I was scared to admit it didn't mean that it wasn't true.

I was falling for May.

No. Not just falling, flying.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I'm going to try to update as much as possible before school starts back.

I would say there are roughly around ten to fifteen chapters left.

Whose story would you want to read next?

Sin

Archer

Killian

Sawyer

I'm open to suggestions about storyline. Nothingness and is set in stone for any of these characters above. Although I do have a few ideas for Archer and a few for Sin.