𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔡𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔰

jaxon would not admit to anybody that he enjoyed the ball a lot more than he thought he would.

the girls were unique. as unsatisfied as he was with their "queen potential," they were certainly entertaining to talk to. he could pick out traits from each one that if he could morph into one person would make the perfect queen. unfortunately, he couldn't do that. the best he could do was hope that mrs. o'lair's lessons could help at least one person become a decent fit for the position. if not, he didn't know what he was going to do. jaxon could not be the first person to have three selections. however, he also didn't want to marry one of the princesses the other kings were begging him to marry. they were normally too young, too greedy, too clingy, or straight up crazy. jaxon was, unsurprisingly, not about that. besides, he wanted someone who knew the struggles of everyday life. someone who knew what it's actually like to live out in the world. that way they knew who they needed to help first.

it had been ten days since the welcoming ball. jaxon, for the most part, had remained in his room, once again unsocial. almost as if the tiny bit of progress he'd made suddenly took a step back. he knew he needed to be nicer, but once again he was not looking forward to meeting with the selected.

no, not meeting. dating. a part of him liked that a lot less. it was too personal. too romantic. in his mind, he would continue to call these meetings.

for the week and a half since the ball, the girls had been in their lessons. the first few they had were on royal etiquette. now they were on behaving in a courtly manner... or something like that. they weren't jaxon's lessons anymore. as long as he was seeing actual progress with the girls, he was happy. for him, his week consisted of paperwork and planning. it took everything in him to not look over the endless files from angie's and clarissa's deaths. it was not time for that, though. how could he decide who the best queen would be if he was too busy thinking about his past fiancées?

jaxon looked over his planner, checking off what he'd just finished. sometimes his job seemed a little unnecessary. he didn't understand why he had to grant permission for a new restaurant to open up in kastia. he didn't have to do that all the time. perhaps it had something to do with wanting the approval. nonetheless, he sent back his letter, signed and sealed. now they could put a giant sticker on their window that said "king approved!" yippee! he thought he was done for the day. after all, he usually saved the most meaningless tasks for last. yet as he flipped the page, he saw a little add on. an add on that he did not put there, and was clearly in irene's handwriting.

plan dates!

he was going to get at her for being in his room when he wasn't there. he let out a long sigh, letting his head fall forward onto his desk. as much as he didn't want to, he knew irene was right. the girls couldn't just do lessons. he actually had to talk to them. so, instead of going to the gym, he picked up his pen again and started writing ideas, times, and locations. it was only a matter of sending out the letters and then going on the date. no, he told himself he was meeting up with the selected. no personal connections! he didn't realize that coming up with dates would be the hardest part, yet once it was done, he wrote out the invitations and gave them to a maid to deliver to the selected.

••••••••

woohoo! first dates! the ball is now closed, i believe i got most chains with jaxon done. you guys are now all free to tag in the locations with anyone, just not jaxon yet unless you have permission! also i would LOVE to see you guys roleplaying with each other! make it fun, add drama, theorize about the story... all that! for reference, the story above takes place on january 13th! i think i'm going to create a timeline chapter so it's easy to follow along. anyway, on to the dates!

WHAT TO DO:
• claim a date, time, and location! each of these dates are the basic plans, however once roleplaying starts, dates may end up going in different directions. basically you'll have more freedom with these than you think! they are first come, first serve.

1) january 15, 2:00-5:30 pm. a walk and a picnic through the gardens ().

2) january 15, 6:00-9:30 pm. dinner and stargazing on the rooftop ().

3) january 16, 10:00-1:30. horseback riding and lunch on the open grounds. ()

4) january 16, 2:00-5:30 pm. preparing their own dinner in the kitchen, location to eat is wherever! ()

5) january 16, 6:00-9:30 pm. laser tag and bowling in the game room. (open)

6) january 18, 2:00-5:30 pm. stroll around the palace grounds, ending with a snack. ()

7) january 19, 10:00-1:30 pm. ice skating at the ice rink. (open)

8) january 19, 6:00-9:30 pm. walk through the art gallery and end with making something in the art room along with snacks. ()

9) january 20, 10:00-1:30 pm. arcade games and lunch! (open)

10) january 20, 2:00-5:30 pm. free pass. selected decides the date! ()

11) january 20, 6:00-9:30 pm. poolside snacks and swimming. ()

once your date is claimed and approved, please tag for the chain in the location, but i will put up the starter <3

if you have any questions, please ask! also, just for funsies, if you wanted to make a collage of your selected's date outfit or a date mood board, go for it! i love seeing that kind of stuff. but unlike the first assignment, there isn't anything special for doing this.