Ch 9: Tensei

"Ugh." Shirin groaned while clutching her head in her hands. "Of course this just had to happen to me."

A man with silver skin that matched his hair and a red cloak smirked towards her. "Ah, Uchiha Shirin, I don't believe we ever had the pleasure of meeting while you were alive."

And thank goodness for that. Shirin can already tell that this guy was no fun at all.

Out of the corner of her eye the Uchiha spots a whisk of blond hair. "Oh, Deidara, you're also back." She waved to the boy who snapped his head towards her.

His jaw drops. "You died?!"

Aw, he had such faith in her survival.

But then he continued. "I didn't know cockroaches could die!"

Ah, that actually makes more sense.

"Screw you blondie." She flipped him off with an bland expression. "At least I didn't die in a meaningless battle against a dude who wasn't even going to really kill you."

"No." Kabuto drawled, interrupting their bickering. "You died without a fight, letting illness kill you first. Now go, there is much to be done."

Her body tensed before doing as told. Just when things were getting good to...

...

Sometimes, just sometimes, Shirin wakes up with the overwhelming urge to commit an ungodly amount of homicide. Being revived via Edo-tensei seemed to give off the same effect.

Who would've thought?

"God, I absolutely despise that damn Snake." She declared while jumping to the next available tree branch.

"The man back there wasn't Orochimaru." Pein, or rather Nagato, whatever he's going by these days, informs her with a deadpanned expression.

Shirin shrugged. "They give off the same creepy vibe. Is it still acceptable to punch someone over their vibe?"

Actually, she really doesn't care if it is or isn't. The fact of the matter is was that she's doing it anyway.

Kabuto just had a face that screamed 'I'm a scumbag, please hit me.'

The redhead threw her an amused look. "I forget that sometimes you were more violent then Hidan when someone truly annoys you."

...that feels like an insult somehow.

Pein inclined his head towards her. "Though I've never had the chance to ask it has been eating away at me. Why did you join the Akatsuki?"

Oh? Well, she certainly hadn't expected Pein of all people to ask her that.

"Would you believe me if I said it was because I was bored?"

"No."

Damn it.

"Fine then, I'll tell you." Shirin huffed out. "Honestly, I just wanted to make sure an S-Rank organisation didn't destroy the world."

Nagato raised an elegant eyebrow towards her.

"Ok fine, that was a lie."

The Akatsuki leader shook his head with exasperation. "If you do not wish to tell me then it isn't necessary, Shirin. I am no longer your leader."

As if Shirin would tell him anything even if he was.

Before silence could befall them Pein spoke up. "Would you rather have had Kisame accompany you right now?"