Eighteen: Felix

"I know you're uneasy about things, but you need to stop being so overprotective. You're starting to remind me of..."

Felix cringes and takes Emilie's hands in his and gives them a reassuring squeeze. All he wants is for her to be safe. She is his rock and he is hers. They're adults now, not the eight-year-olds that discovered their parents were splitting up.

Felix needs to stop worrying about her so much, and now that he's starting to remind her of her ex whom they shall never speak of, he knows he's going too far with things.

"I'm sorry," he says sincerely. "If going with some of the others is really what you want, then by all means, go. I won't stop you. Just promise me you'll be—"

"I'm always careful, Fee." She gives him a tight hug before letting him go, smoothing his jacket. Somehow, Felix realizes, wearing a suit makes him feel more secure.

He and Emile had learned at age sixteen that the reason that their mum and dad divorced was because their mother had been running a secret organization selling counterfeits and doing crazy heists. It ran in the family, a family that their father wasn't trustworthy enough to be a part of.

Less than seven months later, they found out that their mum was hit by a car...and it was no accident. The driver had been their father and they somehow knew that he was going to go after them next.

So the twins fled to the United States where they stayed connected with their mother's organization, reforming the Heist Society and strengthening its branch in the US.

It was here, if Felix recalls, that he started to wear a business suit all the time, keeping his blond hair neatly combed to the side. His briefcase completed the look as he went to 'work' each day at a tall corporate building in New York City.

Really, there are some associates of his that work here and together they plot and gather information needed to perform certain heists. Felix may have been shy of seventeen at the time, but he looked older than he really was and his colleagues accepted him and his sister wholly.

"I know, I just need to be sure," Felix places a kiss on her cheek, daring to show his softness for a moment. "Everyone here is nuts and what happened with Zuri—"

"Won't happen to me." She gives him a pointed look. "I'll be fine, okay?"

"Alright." He watches as she does a small spin, looking amazing as ever in her classic pale pink pantsuit. Both of the twins had taken up proper businessware, as it fits them and what they do.
Emilie had become more and more cunning as the years went on, eventually turning into a killer as if she were the head of a mob.

In a way, she is. They both are.

Felix has no doubt that their mum had terminated many people who didn't meet their payments or blabbed to the authorities. It's necessary because if you don't, it's game over.

He hopes that this game isn't already over for him, for he knows what the clue means. The only problem is that he doesn't know where to look.

With Emilie searching with her new "friends" that leaves Felix no choice but to explore alone. Thank goodness, because when he's not working with his sister, he prefers to work by himself.

Felix finds most people to be incompetent at what they're supposed to be doing. It's for this reason that a lot of his employees were fired, and of course, eliminated because of liability.

"Hey!" he hears someone say. The voice has a pang of an accent, and it takes Felix a moment to realize that it's french.

A woman sashays her way to where he stands and he fails to conceal his distaste he already has for her. She looks familiar, but Felix can't quite recall her name.