Fifteen: Elizabeth

After they had made their verdict, they released Chase, much to Vivica's disgust.

Eliza didn't think that they'd be able to hold a trial with so many people who didn't know what really happened, but they did it and it was fair in her eyes. At least Chase gets another chance.

But that means he is still in the Game.

Would she really kill someone if it came to it? Would they host a court each time someone dies? What if someone is declared guilty? They'd be killed too?

And if it were truly fair, shouldn't Chase have been punished for what he did to Vivica. Eliza sure wouldn't want to be bonded like she was; that position seemed terribly uncomfortable.

Vivica is very lucky that Jennifer found her so soon and that Eliza was able to free her. Otherwise, who knows how long she'd be in there! Plus, she could've suffocated...

Maybe Eliza should've let her in there after all.

"Okay, I say we head back to the parlor," Eliza says. She isn't going to let anyone else take charge; leading others is her rodeo. Zach still holds this against her at times.

What would Isabelle think of all of this? Jennifer...she reminds Eliza so much of the beloved young girl that she's supposed to be at home looking after.

Izzy never liked conflict. She hated it when their parents argued. The only thing that seemed to calm her down was when Eliza would sing 'You Are My Sunshine'. Eliza is shaken from her thoughts when Zach taps her shoulder.

"We need to talk." Zach puts a hand on her back, leading her away from where the group stopped to argue.

"Chase?" Eliza asks when they're far away from the group.

"Yeah. I don't know if we can trust him."

"He tied Vivica up! Of course we can't trust him!"

"But I don't think he killed Zuri." Zach looks at Eliza.

"Me neither. I think we need to watch Vivica, Katarina, and Sasha. None of them seemed too happy that he didn't get punished."

"I agree that he should be punished—he did tie up Vivica, after all—but not the way they want to punish him."

"Chase also might try something."

"I'm going to keep an eye on him, at least until he proves he isn't trying to kill anybody. Just...be careful, Liz."

"Aren't I always?" Eliza thinks that she'll let him calling her Liz slide, just this once.

She starts to walk back to the group when she hears two voices she recognizes as Vivica and Naomi.

"I knew I recognized you, Nomi, but I wasn't so sure," Vivica says.

Nomi? How does Vivica know her?

"Vivica Bojak, a pleasure as always. You finally speak to me to have a real conversation!" This remark elicits a scoff from the blonde-haired girl.

"Don't say that! We've spoken plenty of times! That is, before we both left high school..." Elizabeth is shocked when she sees high and mighty Vivica hang her head.

Is this the same Vivica that was just yelling death threats at Chase?

"I should've kept in touch," she says quietly. "I'm sorry, Nomi, we could've torn up the world. I promise that whatever happens in this wretched Game, we're in it together."

A small smile tugs at the woman's lips. "Gracias, mi amiga. It means a lot. I have missed hearing your silly smart-aleck retorts."

Both women are smiling now.