Chapter 1

~Josh p.o.v.~

I was walking my regular route home from the campus when I saw him. He was leaning against one of the buildings by the bus stop. He was just laying there and didn't seem to be moving at all. It was pretty dark and no one was around when I saw him. I pushed up my glasses just to make sure I my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. Nope there was definitely a man there. I walked across the street over to him cautiously just to make sure he wouldn't jump up and mug me.

"Sir are you alright?" I said in a timid voice. I didn't know if he heard me or not, he didn't show any sort of response showing that he heard me.
"Sir- " his hand shot out grabbing my hand that was reaching for him. I let out a surprised squeak and jumped back. OK ok, just calm down, he's probably just some hobo who had too much to drink.... Yea that sounds about right. I thought trying to convince myself not to turn around and hightail it out of there. I didn't want to be cruel and leave a man out in the cold just because he scared me.

"Uh sir, I'm going to call the police for you ok? They'll come and get you, and take you to the hospital to check you out." I told him while taking out my phone.
1% was what I saw at the top. Shit not even enough to send a text. I pushed my glasses up my nose, a habit of mine when I'm nervous.
"Um sir might you have a phone on you by any chance?" I asked knowing damn well he probably wouldn't have one on him. Surprisedly he actually respond with the shake of his head. In the moonlight I noticed his honey red hair going down his neck in waves, a sharp contrast to my dyed pink hair.

OK ok calm down this is fine...I'll just bring him to my apartment and use my home phone..Yea that'll be fine, just a quick 5 mins and he'll be outta my hair.

"Sir, I'm going to take you to my apartment, so I can use my home phone, is that alright?" No response. I pushed my glasses up nervously. Maybe he's sick I thought as I moved toward him, keeping my eyes on him even though it was was dark and I could bearly see his face. I picked up his arm and my eyes went wide. Damn what kind of homeless person is this buff I thought grasping his tree like arm and putting it around my shoulder.
"Ohh." He suddenly moaned.
"Yes? What did you say?" I said leaning towards him so I could hear him better.
"Hungry, so hungry" he muttered.
"Ok sir, I'll get you something to eat when we get to back to my place." He silently nodded. I leaned upwards trying to pull him to his feet but he didn't move an inch.
"Sir I'm going to need your help ok? I can't pick you up myself."
He pushed his other hand out trying to push himself up and together he got to his feet. He leaned heavily on me and he breathing was ragged like he ran a marathon. Surprisedly he didn't seem much older than me and he smelled like ....strawberries? Ok now I'm scared, what kind of homeless person smells like strawberries? I thought getting a better grip on him be wrapping my arm around his waist. Wow.. even his hips are toned. Who is this guy? I thought and what kind of homeless person looks like he goes the gym everyday and has hair like this? I certainly never seen any homeless person that looked like this. Oh man I thought as I pushed my glasses nervously who is this guy I asked myself as we made the trek to my apartment in the dark.

~~~~~~~~~~
Ok first chapter is done yay, just a reminder this is a short story so don't expect more than 5 chapters, also please vote and comment thank you.