The Texas air was already filling up my lungs and I felt so much peace. There was nothing like being home. Surrounded by the familiar scents, people, and culture that made me who I am.

"You think Mama is cooking today?" Kelly asked.

"It's Sunday of course she will.." I replied before pulling out my phone I checked it to see several missed calls and texts from Ashanti.

I immediately called her back and she picked up on the second ring. "You called me?" I asked as more of a statement rather than a question.

"You could've said you were leaving." She said softly."How do you even know I left?" I laughed.

"Paparazzi...you forgot who you were, Beyoncé? Tell Kelly and Angie I said 'hey'...I seen them too." She said.

"You need to stop stalking me on blogs... and y'all Ashanti said 'hey'." I said as I relayed the message. Angie said 'hey' back and Kelly just rolled her eyes and flagged the phone, which led me to laugh.

"Wouldn't have too if you stop being secretive about shit."

"You really wanna talk about being secretive?" I laughed as I raised my brows in question.

I took her silence as my answer before continuing our conversation. "I told you I was homesick yesterday. I just needed to go home."

"I understand I just didn't know what to tell Noah. He was asking for you."

"Tell my son I love him. I'm on my way to my mom's house now, so I'll call y'all later, okay?"

"Alright, bye!" She said and I said it back before hanging up.

"That's not even your son.." Kelly said as soon as I dropped the phone from my ear.

I sighed already annoyed with where this conversation was headed. Just when I was starting to not feel less stressed now I was faced with another difficult conversation I didn't care to have.

"He looks at me like another mom so of course I'm going to call him my son, Kelly."

"Well, being a mom to the son of a crazy ass bitch, who cheated on you is definitely a choice." She said causing me to glance at her out of the corner of my eye.

"Chilee let her play house. She'll learn sooner or later." Angie said leaning up to speak to Kelly as if we weren't all in the same car.

"It's not for y'all to understand. I just wanna be there for her son and I'll figure our situation out later.." I shrugged.

"Well maybe y'all just need to have a real talk. Clearly you still love her.." Angie said.

"I wouldn't call what I have for her love. It's just not the same.." I replied.

"It's the same for y'all to still fuck though.." Kelly asked and I just stayed quiet. This time I turned to her fully offended at her comment.

I mean she wasn't wrong but, damn, did she have to expose me like that? "Exactly.." They said simultaneously as I turned mute.

The car eventually pulled into my mom's driveway and I've never been more relieved in my life. I didn't really care what they thought of my relationship with Ashanti.

She would always be like a friend to me even if we weren't still together. As for the cheating that's something I'd never get over. However, just because she broke my trust doesn't mean the love I have for her son just washes away.

Her son meant a lot to me and I'll always think highly of her for allowing me to have such a prominent role in his life. It may sound stupid to some people but I'd do anything to see that little boy happy.