Huffing, as a last resort, I went back over to the door, trying the handle, but as figured, it was still locked. I also could tell, from my knowledge from the line of work I did, that it would not budge under any pressure I could provide from anything in this room.

Groaning, I quickly gave up trying to escape for now. Even if I did manage to find a way, I wouldn't get far given the state I was in.

So, I shuffled into the en suite bathroom, vaguely noticing that its walls and floor tiles were also white, the counters a beige colour. At least it was decently sized, with a large shower and a big square-shaped bath tub that could have almost passed for a jacuzzi. I looked in the cupboards for anything that might help, now or in the future, but the only things I found were toilet rolls, towels, soap, shampoo, and conditioner.

As much as I wanted to sleep, I wanted to feel cleaner more, even if I didn't have much effort to feel like going through the process of cleaning myself right now. Yet I figured the sooner I got it over with, the sooner I could relax... that's if they let me, that is. It only occurred to me, through my tired stupor, that this could also be a trick... but really, I thought, there wasn't much more they could do to me now.

After stripping off my torn and dirty clothes, I jumped into the shower. The warm water was refreshing to my aching muscles, but the soapy products did sting the cuts I had.

True to what I intended, I was soon out of the shower after cleaning my body and hair. The towels I used were thick and soft, a slight laundry detergent smell on them. It would've been relaxing if I could forget where I was.

With a sigh, I wrapped one of the towels around me and wandered back into the bedroom. Though it was empty of people, I noticed a difference immediately.

On the dressing table was a tray with a drink and a plate of food, such as cheese, chicken, and bread.

My hunger won out instantly over any thoughts that it could be poisoned; even if it was, at least I wouldn't have to deal with my current problems if I wasn't alive.

It was difficult to pace myself with the food, trying my best to restrain myself from stuffing my face with it, but eventually, I ended up with hiccups. The drink was only water, but I gulped it down as if it was the best tasting thing ever.

Once both the cup and plate were empty, I neatly arranged them on the tray, then found a hairbrush, which I quickly used on my hair. Then, I stood to go to the walk-in wardrobe. Inside were clothes of only grey and black... but they were still decent and also felt comfy. I simply chose a black tank top along with a pair of underwear. Once in them, I realised how much better I was feeling as opposed to when I was first brought in here.

Sure, I was still under the thought that this could be a trap, but why not get comfy before death, right?

With that in mind, I went to the bed and burrowed under the duvet. The mattress was soft, the blanket comfortingly weighted, the pillow not too firm.

Despite being wary of the danger of my environment, it wasn't long before I was drifting off to sleep.

~*~

"Oi, wake up!" A hard poke was aimed at my arm.

Groaning, I looked up, bleary-eyed, to see Minho standing over me.