Chapter 3

Bismillah
In the name of Allah

Aziz was engrossed in his office work in his room. Files were scattered on his desk. He was holding a stack of papers in his hands. His mind reading them attentively.

" Oaaaaa Oaaaaaa Oaaaaaaaa! "

Aziz clenches his jaw and looks away from the papers. The cries were no more.

He again started going through the papers.

" Oaaaaaa Oaaaaaaaa Oaa Oaaa Oaaaaaa "

He took a deep breath to calm down his rising anger and again looks away from the papers. The cries were no more. He starts reading the papers again.

" Oaaaaaaa Oaaaaaaa Oaaaaa Oaaaa "

" What the hell! " He angrily throws the papers on the desk and gets up from the chair. Walks outside and stands near the railing of stairs and looks down.

There was his mother, sitting beside Rabel who was trying to shush the baby by moving her back and forth. The maids standing nearby passing the worried expressions to each other due to the baby's continuous cries.

" Yeh sab kiya chal raha hai? Mein kabse apne kam pe focus karne ki koshish kar raha hoon lekin uski rone ki awaz toh khatam hi nahi honi. " Aziz speaks trying not to shout

Rabel looks at him horrified " So.. Sor.. Sorry ab.. Abse nahi hoga. "

" Aap kiun sorry bol rahi hain? Isme sorry bolne wali koi baat nahi hai. " Halima glares at her son then

" Ami.. " Aziz tries to speak further but Halima cuts him off

" Jaiye apna kam kijiye. " Focuses back on baby and starts caressing her cheeks.

Aziz walks back into his room and slams the door shut making a loud noise. He exhales deeply to calm himself down.

-------------------

All were seated on the huge dinning table and having the meal. Rehmaan on the head chair and next to him Aziz himself. Halima sat opposite to Aziz and next to her was Rabel with her baby in her arms.

" Aziz beta, woh Qureshi walo ki deal ka kiya huwa? " Aziz's father asks

" Abbu, kal woh deal humare hathon mein hogi. "

His answer makes his father smile in contentment " Very good my son, bas aise hi Allah apko taraki ata karta rahe. Ameen. "

Halima smiles " Ameen. "

" Ameen. "

The third Ameen was said by none other than Rabel, who received Aziz's fixed gaze on that " Kuch kaha apne?  " his dangerous low tone made her nervous.

" Wo..woh dua pe sabne ameen kaha toh mujhe laga mein bhi keh dun. " she stutters

Halima caressses her hair while saying " Han toh acha kiya na " glares at Aziz " Kuch aur sunna hai apko? Agar nahi toh apne khane pe focus kijiye. "

Rehmaan tries to hold his laugh and looks at his son who huffs before he starts eating again. He then shifts his attention to Rabel and asks softly " Beta apke pair ka dard kesa ha ab? "

" Abhi pehle se behtar ha..painkiller di thi Halima ami ne.
" Rabel replies

" Kiya kaha? Halima ami? Listen you..." Aziz started but got interrupted by her mother before he could scare Rabel more than she already was by his angry expressions and that tone of his.

" Han apne sahi suna Aziz. Mein ne hi rabel ko bola tha ke mujhe ami bulaye. Koi problem hai apko? " Halima asks ever so sweetly and Aziz knew that he should keep his mouth shut.

However, when Rabel looks up a little at him. He glared at her and that made her look down at her plate again.

--------------

Aziz's bedroom

Aziz drinks the water before he puts the glass back on the beside table and switches off the lights and then switched on the dim lights which lightens the whole room enough for a person to see another person's facial features.

He lays down on the bed while pulling the quilt and covers himself properly.

He closes his eyes to welcome the sleep.

Six seconds passes

" Oaaaaaaaaa Oaaaaaaaaaa Oaaaaaaa "
Aziz's eyes open on their own accord.

" Oaaaaaaa Oaaaaaaaaa Oaaaaaa "

" What the hell! " he mutters before getting up from the bed and walks towards Rabel's room angrily

------------------

Rabel was trying to make her baby stop crying by moving her from left to right and from right to left in her arms " Aleee Aleee Shh Shhh ro mat, ro mat. "

Halima looks at them worriedly

" Chal kiya raha hai yahaan! " His shout makes Rabel flinch and then he enters in her room through the opened door.

" Wo..woh..ra..rabia.." Rabel stammers, being afraid of his anger.

" Dikh nahi raha hai? Bachi ro rahi ha. " Halima glares at him before pointing at the baby.

Aziz closes his eyes and rubbes his forehead a little by using his hand to calm his emerging anger for the unwanted guests. " Ami, mujhe dikh raha ha. But tomorrow office mein ek important meeting bhi attend karni ha " he then looks at Rabel " Toh ap apni in nayi mehmaan ko samjhaiye ke woh apni rone ki machine ko chup karvaye kiun ki uski awaj se mera sar phat raha ha. "

Rabel's eyes welled up with tears and she looks down.

Halima glares at his son " Aziz, woh bachi ha, usko naye mahol mein adjust karne mein waqt lagega. Aise achanak se thodi naye mahol mein usko nind ajayegi. Kal raat bhi bohat mushkil se soyi thi. "

Aziz looks to a side and takes a deep breath " Fine! " his tone had no indication of understanding but yet he goes away from there.

Halima walks up to Rabel " I am sorry beta. " she caresses her head " Please uski baaton ka bura mat manna. Woh thoda gusse wala admi ha "

Rabel shakes her head and smiles a little " Nahi, Nahi." pauses and looks down " Isse kaheen jiyada ghusa dekh chuki hon mein. " her last sentence was a murmur for her but Halima heard it and could not help but think.

" Hua toh kuch bohat hi bura ha iske sath but kia...kese jaanu mein taake madad kar sakun iski "