🌃 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐤𝐲𝐨 || 𝐦𝐨𝐛𝐮𝐜𝐤

Monika lay on the bed of her hotel room, wide awake. She had come to Tokyo for the 2023 MAMA Awards. 

She had choreographed and performed a piece with Bada, the leader of the winning crew of Street Woman Fighter 2.

Now that the whole awards ceremony was over, Monika could have just flown home, back to where her housemate Hyowon was waiting for her. She told herself it was just because she didn't want to fly late at night. It was definitely not because of someone.

At that moment, Monika heard a knock at the door. She bolted upright and walked towards the door, hesitating only slightly before she opened it.

There, she found Buckey, her former mentor and lover, standing before her.

Speak of the tiger.

As if in a trance, Monika stood still as Buckey let herself in to the room. After a few seconds, she regained herself. Monika closed the door and followed behind.

"I managed to ditch the Mannequeen members," Buckey said, casually drawing her hands over what little belongings Monika had left displayed on the bedside table. "They won't be coming looking for me anytime soon."

"Right," Monika said. It was as if she'd suddenly become stupid. Her mouth was dry and she didn't know what to say, how to hold her body. That was quite the achievement, considering she was a dancer.

Buckey sat on the bed, where Monika herself had been lying down only moments before.

She looked into Monika's eyes. "We both know what you've been longing for." Buckey dared Monika to break away from the gaze, holding her eyes steadily.

Monika didn't dare look away, not even blink. "Yes," she uttered, her voice uneven and hoarse.

"And now that you're away from that housemate of yours," Buckey continued, "you'd feel less guilty for what your about to do."

Monika swallowed.

"Unless you and her are platonic friends, and you've been missing me all along."

"That's right," Monika whispered.

"That you're platonic friends?" Buckey whispered. "Or that you've been missing me all along?"

Monika found herself standing before Buckey, her face a hairbreadth away from Buckey's.

"That I've missed you," Monika breathed, "All those years."

With that, Monika crashed her lips into Buckey's, relishing at the familiar feeling upon contact.

Monika climbed onto the bed, leaning over Buckey as the two continued to kiss.

Buckey, without once breaking contact, positioned herself so that she was now atop Monika, who lay strewn on the bed.

"Do you really mean this?" Buckey asked, her face that of a merciless angel's.

"I do," Monika said.

The city lights sparkled over the night sky of Tokyo.