🌞Chapter 12🌻

🌞🌻

"Oh!"

He spotted Mew at once. He was kneeling on the floor.

Gulf strained his eyes and finally realized what Mew was doing. He was polishing the tables and chairs with a cloth.

The staff always cleaned up before dinner, but there was never any noticeable trash and Gulf figured that Mew hired people to come in several times a week to clean it.

That may still have been the case, but it was more likely that Mew cleaned it up himself.

He polished each table and each chair with loving attention. Seeing him like this touched Gulf's heart. He looked so absorbed that Gulf hesitated to interrupt him.

It was obvious how much Mew loved his restaurant.

Once he had finally finished polishing the chairs, he wiped the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand and slowly turned around to look at Gulf.

"Wait, no---"

It didn't seem possible, but Mew marched unswervingly to the window. He was looking straight at Gulf, who stood outside. Gulf couldn't run and he couldn't hide. Mew stood in front of Gulf and frowned at him.

"Um, I wasn't trying to spy on you, I was just---"

Mew had said nothing, but Gulf hurried to explained himself.

Mew gazed at Gulf for a long moment from inside the restaurant, then jerked his chin at him, indicating he should come inside.

"I---I have some errands I really need to take care of..."

But Mew couldn't hear what Gulf said. Knowing that, Ashizawa felt pathetic for making excuses. He wouldn't score any points by trying to run away now, so Gulf went into the building obediently.

"Good morning..."

"What are you doing here so early?"

Mew's voice was ruthless as Gulf entered. His forehead was cut by deep furrows, putting Gulf on edge.

"I'm sorry."

"I didn't ask you to apologize. I asked you what you're doing here." His voice was harsh.

Maybe Mes was still mad at him for last night. Gulf fought back his desire to run and prepared himself to answer calmly.

"I was watching."

He balled his hands into fists.

"Watching what?"

"You."

Mew gaped even more. "How did you know I would be here this early?"

"Well..."

"Tong told me."

"Tong?"

"I'm sorry."

Gulf apologized before Mew could say
anything.

"Gulf..."

"I was waiting for you yesterday in the back room so I could apologize. Tong tried to make me feel better and he told me that you came to the restaurant early in the morning."

"You wanted to apologize?"

"About the soup."

There was a moment's pause, then Mew remembered. "Ah."

He sighed and Gulf shrank back. He was still mad after all.

"I felt bad for ignoring what you told me and taking the order. I think I was a little excited yesterday since it was my first time taking orders."