🌞Chapter 5🌻

🌻

The next afternoon, abandoning his unfinished work, Gulf made it all the way to Kunitachi station with the force of his resolve, but what came next wasn't so easy.

Walking out the southern exit of the station, he strolled around the neighborhood for several minutes. Despite the fact that the restaurant was visible from just outside the station, he couldn't go there yet.

After dinner the night before, he was sure he'd reaffirmed his decision; but now that he was actually here, a terrible anxiety oppressed him.

What would he say when he saw Mew? How would he start? It was all planned out in his mind. He'd chosen an ordinary, domestically-made suit. But the mere thought of being unable to see Mew ever again inevitably withered him.

Gulf internally pumped himself up and stopped in front of Individu. A "Closed" sign was already hanging on the door. Gulf realized that it was after three. But he'd gotten to the station at 2:30!

"What are they doing?"

He was on the verge of crying like a little girl as he peered through the wood-framed windows into the restaurant. A shiver ran through his body then.

He saw James, but he wasn't alone: Mew was with him. He'd taken off his tablier and unbuttoned his chef's coat, and was sitting at a table laughing. Today he was wearing glasses

The thin frame of his glasses made his face look even more angular.

"He's so handsome."

As he gazed intently at Mew's face, Gulf was struck by this realization.

He wasn't classically handsome, but the more Gulf looked at him, the more he recognized Mew's unique appeal.

Mew was holding a coffee cup and chatting with James. There was something bashful about his smile that looked good on him. When they first met he smiled at Gulf, too. He'd given a magnifice belly laugh.

Gulf wanted Mew to smile at him again. So he couldn't let his fear get the better of him now.

Finally, Gulf moved back to the door and pushed it open resolutely. The bell on the door jingled.

"I'm sorry, we're not open." "

James was the one who answered the new arrival. Seeing Gulf came through the door, his face was momentarily surprised.

"Who is it?"

🌞🌻

Mew got up from his seat inside the restaurant to see what was going on.

Gulf fought back his desire to flee and met Mew's eyes, then immediately bowed.

"I'm sorry about what happened the other day."

"I'll be in the kitchen, James."

Mew spun on his heel in annoyance, but Gulf called after him, "Please hear me out! I deeply regret what happened the other day, I got ahead of myself and was very rude to you. I apologize for that from the bottom of my heart."

He took a quick breath and pushed on.

"But I'm in love with your cooking I wasn't lying when said I wanted to work with you. I came to that realization after visiting your restaurant so often this past month.

Gulf's hand shook very slightly as he held his briefcase. He was so nervous. He tried with all his might not to let the trembling spread to the rest of his body.

But even his most earnest entreaty was met with Mew's disdain. He had been prepared for this and he bore it. Gulf balled his fists up at his sides and looked Mew in the face.