6

"I'm still so not over this" Jared mumbles, sitting next to me in my car. Sam had given me the task of never letting Jared out of my sight and watching after him. My anger was starting to calm down but his definitely wasn't. He lashed out on me last week because I ate the last muffin at Emily's and teased him about it. Now I have a cut along my right arm. Turns out, the wolfs in your pack are capable of hurting you and you won't heal.
"Me neither but who cares" I say and grin at him before becoming serious again. "You know the rules"
He sighs. "Not talking to anyone besides the pack. Got it" he says sadly and I frown.
"I'd like to tell you that it gets easier but that would be a lie" I say with a sad smile as we arrive in the parking lot and I pull into a spot. 
"I'm sorry for what I've said," Jared starts and I stop myself from opening the door and turn my head to look at him. "I didn't understand and now get it. It just hurt to see you like that and have the feeling that you didn't think you could tell us. I now understand though that you couldn't and I'm very sorry what I've said to you and about you"
I raise my brows at him. "You were talking about me behind my back?"
He shrugs with a playful grin. "Of course not"

I chuckle as we get out of the car and almost everyone turns to look at us. The stare at Jared, I can't judge them though. He had grown crazy about the last two weeks and now had double the muscles he had before his first shift. He also had cut his hair, which suited him like crazy. 

"That's what happened to Jared" Quil mutters and I feel all of their attention on us. Jared goes to look at them but I put a hand on his shoulder and he looks at me sadly.
"Don't. It's easier that way" I say before rushing him inside before anyone can come near us.

My classes go by pretty fast and as soon as the bell for lunch rings I bolt out of the classroom to find Jared. I find him in a hallway, crowded by our friends as he desperately searches a way out of this.
"What happened to you?" Paul asks but Jared keeps his eyes shut.
"Are you on steroids now?" Embry asks and I hear Jared's heart beating faster, meaning it's my turn to intervene. Confidently I round the corner and strut towards them.
"This is your fault, no, it's Sam's. He got both of you" Jacob says angrily and I roll my eyes.
"What's that even supposed to mean?" I ask and pull Jared a bit behind me with one hand as I look at him carefully. He had it under control for now.
"Are you sort of a cult now?" Quil asks and I snort.
"Wow, that's low. Even for you Quil" I say sarcastically before pushing Jared away but they stop me.
"Kim won't be very happy about this" Olivia then says, emerging behind a corner with Paul. I glare at her for how close she is with Paul and she instantly steps a bit away, a wave of fear washing over her but she covers it quickly.
"What do you mean?" I ask, trying to avoid Paul's gaze that's making me incredibly nervous.
"Sleeping with Jared and then convincing him to join whatever friendship you and Sam have is low. You know how Kim feels about him" she spits angrily. 

I look back at Jared and we both burst out laughing while they all look at us angry and confused.
"You really think I'd fuck with Alia?" Jared asks between laughs.
"That's the best thing I've heard this week" I say before finally looking at them again. "Me and Jared haven't done anything and what we're doing here is definitely not by choice"
"I would never have something with Alia. She's just a friend" Jared says.
"I like someone else anyway" I say and glance at Paul for a few seconds, a grin starting to form on my face as me looks at me shocked but I stop and get serious again.
"We can't be friends with you anymore" Jared says and their mouths pop open.
"What?" Paul croacks out and I feel a stinging pain in my chest to see him like that. Jared and him have been bestfriends for like forever. 
"Let me guess. Sam said you couldn't" Jacob says and rolls his eyes.
"You don't have to understand" I say and they roll their eyes.
"Yeah 'and I hope you never do'" Olivia says, mocking my voice.
I sigh. "Yeah because that would mean you end up like me and Jared" I say before finally pulling Jared away.