CHAPTER 12

After the Pandavas, Draupadi, Kunti and Soraya left the Sabha,

"Was she saying the truth?" Duryodhan's voice boomed through the silent room.

"No, Bhrata Duryodhan. She is-is ly-lying. I-I-I would never talk like tha-" Dushasan stuttered nervously.

"Then why are you so nervous? Why are you stuttering?" Duryodhan asked while trying to control his anger.

"What is Dushasan's fault? That girl interacts with all the males in such an inappropriate manner. Behaves in such ways in front of all the elders. Maybe she did seduce Dushasan." Dhritarashtra said in an angry tone.

"Maharaj, you do realise how you are sounding, right? She is a young 17 year old. Even younger than Dushala. You cannot ignore your son's faults and blame everyone else for his sins." Karn said with disgust.

He had heard about how females were treated in royal families, but this was way worse. Even with his mother being a Sut, she was treated with respect.

"Angraj is telling the truth Dhritarashtra. You have to stop blaming others for your son's actions." Bhishma said.

"Pitashree, even I agree with Pitamah and Mitra Karn. If Dushasan has done a mistake, he has to accept his punishment." Duryodhan said.

Everyone was shocked to listen to this as they had always considered Duryodhan to be someone who was evil.

"Then, after the Pandavas have developed Kandavaprasta from the barren land to a city, Dushasan will have to apologise to Kumari Soraya. He will kneel in front of her, wash her feet and will apologise to her." Duryodhan said breaking the silence.

"No I will not." Dushasan said with anger.

"Yes, you will." Duryodhan said.

"But-"

"No excuses. If you just would have respected females this would have not happened."

"The court is dismissed." Bhishma said.

'Who would have thought this would happen?'
——————————————————————————————————————————————————
Thank you for reading.