CHAPTER 9

In Dwapar yug,

(Karn and Duryodhan were not present as they were in Ang.)

"You don't know how to cook. Shouldn't all girls know how to cook?" Dhritarashtra asked being shocked. Everyone was shocked except the ones who knew her.

"Hah. I once tried cooking, about 1 year ago, ended up almost burning down the hut. You know I tried cooking a roti and burned it. Even if I try to make kheer, the most simple sweet, I will end up doing something wrong. If I try to cook, it only harms the kitchen, food itself and people around me. And because of this Mumma and Bheem Bhaiya have made a rule that I will not enter kitchen alone. One of the Pandavas, Mumma or Didi should be with me." Soraya ended with a small pout on her lotus like lips.

"And also, Maharaj, cooking is not something only girls should be taught. It is something everyone should be taught. I don't cook because the kitchen itself hates me." Soraya's said in a calm voice.

Everyone was shocked and surprised listening to her.

Usually, women were soft spoken, quite which they were taught to be. But seeing Soraya speak in a room full of men shocked them.

Pandavas, Kunti and Draupadi looked at her with a proud look on their face.

"Your thinking is really different from what normal people think. But your thinking is very genius." Bhishma said. He was surprised by how the girl thought.

Even Vidur was impressed by the knowledge of the girl.

Time skip after breakfast,

Soraya was roaming around in the palace. She had told Kunti that she would be in the garden. Nakul offered to give her a tour of the palace but she refused because she wanted to do adventure as she was a 'khatron ki khiladi'. After a whole hour roaming around, she finally found the garden.

She smiled as the sweet smell of flowers invaded her nose

She saw a huge tree full of cherry blossoms and her smile widened

She ran towards the tree and immediately took her shoes off and started jumping, trying to reach the cute small flowers.

She pouted in frustration as she was too small to reach the flower.

'Did trees also shrink as the Kali yug came near? Heck I was not able to reach the flowers in the Kali yug too.' She thought, as she huffed in frustration.

She looked around to find any soldiers and saw Bhishma.

"Pitamah Bhishma." She said loudly to get his attention.

Bhishma turned around when he heard a soft voice calling out his name. He saw Soraya waving her hand and telling him to come near her.

"What happened,Putri?" He asked fondly looking down at the small girl who was panting heavily.

"Can you help me in getting those flowers? Please. Please." Soraya said with a cute smile.

"Of course. You do not have to ask." Bhishma said smiling softly seeing her polite nature.

He immediately picked the most beautiful flowers and gave them.

"Thank you.I will take my leave now. Once again thank you. " Soraya said.

She ran away after thanking him.

'What a lovely,polite and kind girl!' Bhishma thought.

'May she be happy all her life!' Thought Bhishma.

'Sorry bro. I apologise but this wish of yours cannot be fulfilled. Again sorry.'

With Soraya,

Soraya was just roaming around while putting the Cute Cherry blossom crown she made on her head.

She heard footsteps from behind her and turned around and saw someone who she did not want to see

Dushasan.

She had noticed him looking at her with lust and she knew that he was not here with good intentions.

"Pranipat, RajKumar Dushasan. Do you have a valid reason why you are here?" She asked in a calm voice while she was shaking in fear inside. But was she going to let her fear out? Nah.

"Pranipat. I was just wondering what do you have that the Pandavas so easily let you enter the palace. How about we go to my chamber to talk?" He said in a sickening sweet voice.

"Thank you, but I have to go to my brothers. Sorry."  Soraya said wanting to be away from here.

She turned around to run but felt a hand on her waist, grabbing her.

She turned around and slapped Dushasan across his face.

"You whore! I was being polite but you just had to be arrogant. You females are supposed to satisfy us male." Dushasan said in anger.

He grabbed her by the back her neck and put his nose on her neck sniffing her scent.

Soraya was frozen in fear. When she felt him bite her neck ,she pushed him away with all her energy and stepped back.

"Shameless. Do you not have any shame? I am like a little sister to your brothers. You are supposed to respect me, care for me. Not force yourself on me." Soraya said while trying to control her tears which were threatening to come out of her eyes.

"You-"

Before he could grab her again, she ran away.

As soon as she reached her chamber she locked it and ran to her bed.

Dropping on it , she cried herself to sleep.

She just wished to have a good life where no one would scare her broken self again and again. 

In Dwarka,

A painful smile made its way to the lips of the Almighty.

'Forgive me, I am not able to protect you.'

Thank you for reading.