O5. FIREWORKS

[ italics = chinese ]

"are you going to watch the new year show tonight?" asked xiaoqi, as she heard sounds of utensils clattering on the other line

xiaoqi got his number and insta when he dropped her home after getting her wounds treated.

"no, i am going to hang out in my friends house- oh, and talking about that, i was hoping you could join us tonight" yangyang replied, "come on, xiao. yeobin will be there too"

xiaoqi thought for a second, before she "you sure you can drop me off back home before one thirty?"

"..i will take that as a yes. i will pick you up at ten fifteen tonight so you better be ready by then" yangyang says, and xiaoqi heard the sounds of utensils clinking, which made her ask

"what are you eating?" asked the girl, to which the liu replied "just my mother's homemade cheesecake" he replied, which made the girl gasp.

"hey, i want some too!" she exclaimed, only to hear an older woman's voice "you should come over if you want some

"i second that" yangyang chuckled, "by the way, that was my mother" he introduced, which made the girl exclaim

"really?! hi mrs. liu!"

and thats when you know, mrs. liu and xiaoqi would end up talking on the phone for an hour.

💗

the clock struck 11:45, and the friend group was sitting on he terrace of chenle's penthouse. they were all goofing around, while eating snacks that were bought from the nearby store.

"so, hows it like with yangyang so far?"

xiaoqi jumped from her spot, only to find minyoung beside her "we are just friends, he is a really goofy person to be with" she said, and minyoung stared at her in disbelief "okay, miss 'just friends', you know meilin right? the girl who keeps glaring at you today?" 

minyoung pointed at the girl, who was sat near renjun, before she admitted in a lower voice "she is yangyang's ex, they broke up because yangyang lost feelings for her, she will be really grumpy towards you for a few days, but trust me, she is really sweet. she just needs time to get to know you well" 

hearing the reassuring words, xiaoqi felt less nervous around the friend group "anyways, you should go sit next to yangyang, he seems to need help with taking pictures" minyoung pats the younger's shoulder twice, which made xiaoqi stare at the male, who was scolding the guy whom she recalled, was called donghyuck.

"yeah, i will go, and you should go accompany meilin, she looks bored even with renjun beside her" xiaoqi said, while she stood up, wiping off the dust on her pants.

she walked towards yangyang, who was now trying to take pictures on his own " you want some help, liu?" she asked, reaching her hand out for the phone, and yangyang stared at her before he passed his phone to her.

xiaoqi crouched down, as she saw him pose, and took a few pictures before showing it to him "looks good, how about you just take two more pictures" he recommended, which made her nod "sure"

he did a different pose, and xiaoqi tried to find the right angle, before she took a picture, and another one, before showing it to the older, who snatched his phone from her hands 

"see, hyuck, this is how you take pictures" yangyang said, showing off the picture to the male who rolled his eyes, before going back to playing uno.

xiaoqi sat properly, beside yangyang, and he passed the bag of chips to the girl "thanks, anyways- sorry if my father annoyed you today" the girl apologized, taking a chip out of the bag.

"he wasn't annoying at all, its nice to see that your father cares a lot about you" he reassured, and he watched as she pointed at the can of beer "no, sorry. your father told me to not let you drink" he said, in more of  a teasing tone.

"come on, just a sip-" "no"

"half a sip" she changed the amount, hoping that he would change his mind but he didnt listen "sorry, but i would rather stay at your fathers goody shoes list." he shrugged, dragging the can far away from her.

"come on, just a little sip wont- oh my god!" 

yangyang snorted, holding back his laughter as he stared at xiaoqi, who stared at the fireworks in awe, like she had never seen one before.

"xiaoqi" he called out, and she hummed, taking out her phone as she started recording the fireworks.

"happy new year" he said, and she looked back at him, responding "happy new year to you too, liu"

happy new year !!