02 - new begining

Start from the beginning

"I'm much prettier as [Name] than this woman in the mirror that's probably me right now." The brunette was finally calming down, knowing, that she could not get away from her current situation. She looked at her leg again. It was now swollen and was bleeding. The shattered flower pot was still laying sadly on the ground.

"I can do it, I can handle it." She took a deep breath. The girl should probably stop her instep from bleeding.

Because of the voices of people she heard from outside, she thought that something was probably going on there. And then she heard the clack of horses following clapping. As if someone important had arrived.

"Elise!" she heard a girly voice calling someone and the sound of the door opening. Suddenly, a short, blonde girl dressed in a long medieval dress barged into the brunette's room and grabbed her shoulders with wide eyes.

The blonde girl stared at the brunette with her gray eyes looking like she wants to say something. "Elise! Where were you? You were supposed to already be at the market with your flowers!" The girl who was holding the other one looked panicked while she started scanning the other girl who was still in her white night gown and was looking pretty confused.

'Elise? Who is Elise? I'm not Elise right? Who is this woman who's calling me Elise?' - The brunette thought. She gets that she looks different and is in a different place, but is she Elise? Elise who? And maybe is [Name] kidnapped and on some kind of drugs that's making her feel like this? Million questions popped in her head.

"Oh my! Elise! You're injured! Did this flower pot fall on your leg? Wait, this is your favorite one!" The blondie states in a worried tone and squatted in front of the injured girl, who had no idea of what was going on.

"Come on Elise, what's going on with you today? First, you didn't come to the market, then I found you disheveled in your sleeping clothes, your leg is bleeding and you didn't even treat it!" Her voice expressed genuine sadness. It seemed like she really didn't want anything to happen to the brunette so she tore a piece of fabric from her own dress and held it to the girl's bloodied instep.

"Elise, you're making me very concerned, why are you so quiet? I ran to your house as fast as I could when I saw the royal horses and knights and haven't see you anywhere! You know, the prince has arrived!" The uninjured girl explained while she was trying to treat the other girl's wound.

'Wait. Weird place, different body, someone named Elise, the prince....'

The brunette finally connected the dots.

"What the actual fuck." She proclaimed which made the blondie look up at her.
"What?" She asked, unsure if she heard her right.

"Am I Elise?" The brown-haired girl asked the girl treating her, who was now completely bamboozled.

"Umm...of course you are?"

[Name], now supposedly being Elise, mostly likely a protagonist from a fantasy romance game which she played last night, passed out rather than deal with the weird situation hoping, that she would wake up in her own room and in her own body.

The panicked blonde girl, most likely being a friend of Elise's, laid the unconscious girl back in her bed and took care of her, put a wet cloth on her head, treated her leg properly and prepared tea for the girl to drink when she wakes up.

After an hour passed, "Elise" finally woke up. The blonde explained to her that her name was Juliet and that the girl had probably fallen on her head and completely forgot who she was, that Juliet was her friend and that she had to go sell flowers. No other explanation made sense for the worried friend, even though she couldn't find any head damage.

[Name] took in the fact, that she's now trapped as Elise and has to go by that name from now. She agreed to Juliet's story, but she still felt weird about the whole thing. At least she already has a friend.

Juliette and Elise chatted for a while and from what Juliette was saying she was probably an inn employee. She said that a few days ago a strange cloaked man had slept at their inn, who didn't speak much and only paid them for one night. The next morning, not a soul saw him leave, but his room was already empty and the keys were left there. So no one addressed it further, but it still remains a mystery.

As they talked, more time passed. Juliette went to look out the window and found that the royal party was nowhere to be seen.

"It looks like we missed the prince." The blondie said in a disappointed tone.

Elise clutched the duvet tightly. She remembered, that the original Elise encountered the prince when he exceptionally visited the village.

Well, the Elise she is now, haven't encountered the prince. What if something goes wrong? This is not what was supposed to happen in the game. But is this even a game anymore?

[Name] started stressing again. She is sure that this is not a dream and is her reality, but she is worried. Was not her destiny to meet the prince? What if some kind of system kills her off because she did not follow the main plot?

Abruptly, she felt soft fingers on her clutching hand.

"Hey, are you okay?" The soft fingers belonged to her friend, who carefully asked her. Her silvery eyes radiated understanding. Elise felt like she could tell them anything.

"I'm, in fact, not okay. And I feel bad for not telling you, but I still remember nothing. I must've hit my head pretty hard." The brunette said half truth, it is true that she does not have the original Elise's memories, but it is false that she hit her head. To be quite honest, it is even suspicious thanks to the fact, she does not have any head injury.

Juliet sighed and patted Elise's arm.
"It's okay, I'm sure you will remember somehow. To make my proper introductions until you remember, I am Juliet, the only daughter of the inn's owner. We've been friends since our childhood, before your parents...did you forget that too?"

"Yeah, I know that I'm an orphan." Thank god [Name] at least remembers that Elise's parents are dead. She does not know the cause, but at least she know they are not around anymore.

Juliet gave her a sympathetic smile.
"I'm glad you at least recalled something," the friend took the other girl's hand and started holding it and looked deeply into her brown eyes, "I will help you get your memories back!" She promised.

A smile appeared on Elise's face. She no longer felt weird or sad. The close proximity which the original Elise had with Juliet was making her feel familiar warmth.

"Can you please show me the village then?"