𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟑 - 𝑴𝒊 𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒂

The following week, the Chou family found themselves on their way to the Lee family estate, all cramped in the luxurious limo. The air inside was thick with silence, interrupted only by the audible sound of each family member's breath. The tension was palpable.

Breaking the silence, Mr. Chou's stern voice cut through, "Tzuyu, you better not pull another stunt and embarrass us again." Tzuyu met her father's gaze with a blank expression and simply nodded in acknowledgment.

Upon their arrival at the Lee residence, a maid opened the door and uttered, "Please follow me." The Chou family was led to the dining room, where they exchanged greetings with Mr. and Mrs. Lee.

"Greetings, this is my daughter Mina," Mr. Chou introduced, prompting Mrs. Lee to extend a handshake, which Mina accepted gracefully. "Nice to meet you, Mina," Mrs. Lee greeted warmly, to which Mina responded with a polite smile, "Nice to meet you too, ma'am."

Interrupting the pleasantries, Mr. Chou asserted, "Sit down, and eat. We will discuss this later when my daughter arrives." As the family took their seats, Tzuyu found herself beside Mina, and their exchanged glares hinted at an underlying tension.

An hour had past, Tzuyu had grown impatient, Tzuyu couldn't help but ask, "If you don't mind me asking, where is the young master anyway?"

Frustration laced her words as waiting wasn't her strong suit. Mrs. Lee was about to respond when a maid entered, delivering the news, "Young Master Lee wanted me to send her apologies. She's going to be late today due to an emergency, but not to worry, she's on her way here."

A few minutes later, Mina's impatience reached its peak when the door burst open, revealing Y/n donned in a suit. She promptly approached the dining table and apologized, "I am truly sorry to keep all of you waiting. I just had an emergency."

Mina was in shock, unable to find her voice, and Tzuyu keenly observed, raising her eyebrows at Mina's reaction—was it because Y/n was strikingly attractive? She decided to brush it off.

Mr. Lee greeted his daughter with a warm smile, "Come, sit down, dear. I'll introduce you to someone."

"Y/n, this is Mina. Your soon-to-be fiancé," Mr. Lee declared, straightforward as ever.

Inhaling deeply, Y/n extended her hand for a handshake, "Pleasure to meet you, Mina." However, Mina remained fixed, just staring at Y/n.

Tzuyu, ever observant, smirked, anticipating that this unusual reaction would disappoint her father. She waited for Mina to decline and walk out, as she had done with previous marriage agreements. Despite Mina's history of rejecting such proposals, Tzuyu sensed that her father attached greater significance to this arrangement.

Finally, Mina snapped out of her daze and accepted Y/n's handshake, uttering, "It's a pleasure to meet you too... mi vida."

-

--

Hello! I am very sorry for the late update I've been super busy with school.