"Then why are you standing here so calmly? Go and get your treatment done, why didn't you tell me?" he worried. "I'm fine, Arjun, don't worry", I said, and I turned my heels to medicube.

❀❀❀❀❀❀

"Captain Pranav", I stepped inside the medicube and threw my jacket on the chair. "Jai hind, sir", he said and I nodded. I stepped inside and the whole medicube turned silent. That's my aura in the army. Every officer was frozen at their place.

"Please take out this bullet", I said while sitting down on the chair. I took out my combat t-shirt. I got shot on the left shoulder, and the wound was deep. He started to remove the bullet, and I closed my eyes due to pain. That pain was unbearable, making me sighed.

The veins on my hand started popping up and my eyes turned red. I clenched my fists tighter until my knuckles turned white. "Sir, it's done", he said and I opened my eyes. I was breathing heavily. I pulled the chair and stood up.

"Sir, your wound is deep, please get your checkup done at the army hospital", he said and I nodded. "And please do not push your left hand hard, it might open the stitches", he advised while I grabbed my combat t-shirt from the chair. "Pain killers!!"

"Sure sir!!"

I was trying so hard to wear the t-shirt, but due to pain, I was unable to lift my hand. "Fuck!" the pain makes me sighed. I again tried, but the pain pissed me off. I closed my eyes in annoyance.

"Sir, may I help you"? He stopped his extended hand as I glared at him. I don't like to be touched by anyone, as it makes me irritated. "Sorry, sir!!" he apologized. I somehow managed to wear it. "Thanks, captain", I said and he nodded. I grabbed my jacket and walked out.

After I stepped outside the camp, everyone took a breath of relief. I could sense that.

❀❀❀❀❀❀

I don't want to remember the nightmare of my life. The nightmare that changed me into a horrible person. I was lying on the bed inside my camp after taking sedatives. I was feeling feverish due to pain, and after that, I started getting hallucinations.

You can't hide yourself from nightmares. They will chase you until your death. My nightmare has my beloved mother. The bad dream turned the ruthless officer like me into a crying kid.

"Maa, please don't leave me", I murmured while my hand clenched the bed sheet tightly into my fists. I was feeling cold as my body started shivering. "You killed my maa, I won't leave you", I grinded my teeth. I was dreaming that my father is killing my mother.

The veins on my hand got popped up due to anger. That nightmare kept flashed in front of my eyes, even though my eyes were closed. I was incarcerated into that nightmare. "Maa, please don't leave me! I can't live without you, maa", I continuously sobbed.

"Maa, I love you, so please don't leave me...!!, You are aware of the fact that I'm feared to be alone", I cried while my veins on my forehead popped up. My body started trembling in fear. "Maa, I love you maa, please stay with me", I constantly murmured.

Please somebody save me or else, i would surely die with my fucking nightmares. All I need are embrace that have immense love and protection.

❀❀❀❀❀❀

KASHISH

It was 11 p.m., and everyone except me was sleeping. I didn't have a sigh of sleep as the evening incident flashed in front of my eyes. "Why am I feeling so restless?" My heart was beating insanely.

My gut feeling was getting heightened. My gut feeling was that someone needs me desperately. This is a weird and annoying feeling. I was rustling my body throughout the blanket. "Fuck man!! What's going on?" I got up and sat on the bed.