Prologue

My name is Hiccup, I know it's a great name but it could be worse, our parents believe that stupid names scare away gnomes and trolls, as if our impeccable manners weren't enough.  Never mind that I live on the island of Berk, a wonderful island, everything is beautiful, the only problem are pests, usually mice or some kind of bugs, and we have dragons.  You can hear the dragons breathing fire so well, well everyone thinks that dragons are bloodthirsty beasts... except for me - yes, I think that dragons are good creatures with feelings, some even have more compassion than people.  Coming back, the leader of the island is Stoick the Vast, I am his son, if I can put it this way - you see, I am his son but as he said "you are just a stupid fish bone, it's your fault that my beloved Valka is dead" that's how my own father accuses me  about my mother's death.  But well, I decided to run away with Toothless, and yeah, I didn't tell you about him, so he's a night fury - the very spawn of the storm and the very self-inflicted death - when I was in the bay after another beating by Snotlout's gang (Snotlout, Tuffnut, Ruffnut, Fishlegs  and Astrid) I tried to clean the wounds a bit, suddenly I felt a breeze above me, when I turned around I saw it - Night Fury - but it didn't kill me, but rather helped me get back on my feet.  From that day on, I came every day and brought him fish and we became friends.

I hope you liked the prologue, I will post the first chapter soon.