Beep! A second spray of confetti flew into the air, and Y/N felt a smile grow on his face as he made small progress towards beating the stage. The time read 85 minutes remaining.

One by one, he slowly cleared the stage. A dot would appear on the floor, and he would run towards it. The goal always came at the same time as the ball, and it was an easy task to locate and shoot.

It was an amazing simulation. Nothing like Y/N had ever seen before, with the entire thing feeling like a video game as he scored goal after goal.

Though, it didn't challenge him. It would've probably been difficult for many other people, but there was nothing to it. He didn't have to try his hardest on speed, and the goalkeeper didn't have enough skill to stop his shots.

When he'd scored thirty goals, the room kicked into stage two. The next ball that came out came from a ceiling panel, which retracted to fire a ball straight down at him.

Blinking with surprise, Y/N ducked to one side, receiving the ball with one foot as he looked around for the goal.

Before he could shoot, though, something yellow appeared in his way. He frowned, hesitating for a second, and in that time, the holographic goal disappeared and he had to concede the ball.

"Wait, what?" Y/N realised. "There's defenders too?"

He tried to conjure the brief image of the goal he'd just seen. Four yellow holograms in the vague shape of people moved extremely slowly in front of it, and Y/N assumed they would block his shots. The goal itself had also changed, with only one half of it being highlighted blue. The other half was a dull grey.

"So I have to hit it past defenders, and into that half of the goal?" He wondered aloud, even though there was nobody to hear him. "Sure."

Walking back to the centre, he took a deep breath, prepping himself. Before he could reach the middle, the red dot had already appeared in the furthest corner of the room, forcing him to run for it.

"What a mean simulation." Y/N complained childishly, reaching the spot easily. The goal popped up on a close wall to him, with a tight angle making it difficult for him to shoot, and even more difficult by the fact the highlighted half was on the close side.

The ball flew out from another hole in the ceiling, and grunting with effort, Y/N tapped the ball a little bit outwards, giving himself more space. The defenders all turned towards him.

Using the outside of his foot, he shot, putting huge amounts of spin on it. Even though the Bluelock Man had reacted faster, it didn't help as the ball curved, going into the blue part of the goal and sending up a spray of digital confetti yet again.

🥕🥕🥕

"W-wait, just how good is that guy?!"

Anri and Ego were surrounded by monitors, but both of them were just watching the one screen. On it showed Y/N, slamming yet another goal into the back of the net.

Anri nervously gulped, scratching her neck. "Ego, I turned up the difficulty by a crazy amount. Four moving defenders, half the goal size, faster Bluelock Man, and even added in the ceiling panels! Did we make this stage too easy?"

"No." Ego responded drily, both eyes fixed on the screen. "The stage is a good challenge, adapted to each person's talents."

He pointed at another screen without taking his eyes off Y/N. "For example, Kuon Wataru is being challenged on his ability to jump, with aerial balls coming at him. There is very little that stops him from scoring except his own talents."