Oh my god, what have I done?!

I should have known better.

Why can't I be like them?

Normal.

Suddenly, the h/c haired girl was lying in her bed, sobbing.

"It's all my fault." She struggled to say between her cries.

Why she doesn't have a boyfriend? Why did she lose her friends? Why can't she focus better in school?

It's all because of taekwondo.

It takes her energy and her time. Maybe if she was a normal girl that would have a normal hobby like playing video games everything would be okay.

Wait, playing video games?

She just remembered about that old fantasy romance game from the 00's. What was the name again?

She quickly got up and she started rummaging in her drawers, wondering where she had put the old CD.

[Name] remembered that her parents bought it for her when she was around seven years old from some thrift store. But after starting the game for the first time, they realized that it wasn't meant for little kids. Sometimes the game became too morbid or suggestive. So they hid it and gave it back to her when she was older.

She was obsessed with it as a child and was really angry when her parents hid it. A tantrum thrown every day for a week after hiding it was a normal thing for her parents.

Funny thing, she didn't care about the game anymore. For her, it was just some stupid unrealistic fantasy game with lame protagonist.

'Elise's flowers'

She finally found the CD. The cover was...well a cover.

A brown-haired girl with pink eyes was surrounded by many hot men and beautiful colorful flowers.

Oh my god, this is tacky. It looks like a rainbow threw up.

Well even though she didn't like the cover she put the CD in her CD player that's connected to her laptop anyway.

She started the game.

"So many flowers. Oh right! This game is named Elise's flowers. I remember now. She had a magic power that could make flowers grow or something? I loved it as a child." The girl said out loud, remembering nostalgic memories from childhood.

Finally main menu. She clicked on 'new game'.

The screen went black and a text appeared:

𝙴𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚙𝚘𝚘𝚛 𝚘𝚛𝚙𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕. 𝙷𝚎𝚛 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚞𝚗 𝚊 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚋𝚢𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍, 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚞𝚎𝚍.

[Name] looked at the screen with disgusted face. Could this be any more cringe?

"An orphan?! Seriously? This is so Y/N fanfic poor child actually hybrid core. Well, let's see what's next in the store."

"Click"

𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚊 𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚎.

[Name] put her hands on her head with a disappointment and sighed.

"Startled by a horse. Okay, I guess that might be reasonable but still, well...whatever."

She complained and clicked next.

On the screen appeared a blonde, tall, handsome, blue eyed prince and a poor brown eyed, brown haired, peasant dressed girl on the ground with a fallen basket and scattered flowers.

[Name] being a gamer now, knew exactly what to do! Click on the screen!

.

.

.

The h/c haired girl played the game for hours. It was cringe and very cliche and the protagonist was always some damsel in distress, but it was very entertaining. It helped [name] forget about her argument with her best friend.

The game is basically about the poor peasant girl Elise that gets startled by a royal horse and she loses her flowers that she wanted to sell. The crown prince Caspian is charmed by her beauty and he takes her to the palace to repay her for her destroyed flowers.

He has a jealous fiancee, Rubelle, that wants to destroy Elise by any cost. Also the prince has a brother, second prince Ian that is obsessed with Elise and wants to kill his brother for the throne.

But! Then there's another character, Zinior, he's a mysterious unknown character that Elise finds in the royal garden when she takes a stroll in there at midnight. Another but! She finds out that he's the royal mage and thanks to him she finds out that she has a flower magic powers and when she uses them, her eyes turn pink.

And! There's also a stable boy Archie, that has crush on Elise.

To cut the story short, every hot man has feelings for Elise and there's around twenty endings. In each ending, Rubelle dies or is imprisoned. That was almost the most annoying part. Like why do you have to torment the poor lady each time, game developer?

And Elise?! Gosh. She was the worst part of the story. As the main character, she's completely useless.

What does she do, when she's trapped? She cries for help and does nothing.

What does she do, when her love interest almost dies? She cries for help and does nothing.

And her powers? Making flowers grow?

So. Useless.

[Name] could not stand Elise. She always did nothing while other even died for her. Then she realized, that she had finished all of the game endings.

The h/c haired girl turned the laptop off.
She looks at the time.

It's 3 am.

She should sleep, it was a hard day.

"If I was Elise, I could do better."

That was her last thought before she drifted to sleep, not knowing that she will not wake up in her own bed the next day.