TWENTY ONE

Asialyn B. Duncan
Las Vegas, Nevada

The floor was decorated with lit candles of all sizes

The floor was decorated with lit candles of all sizes. The wax on some of them spilled to the side as if they'd been burning for hours. Rose petals created the effect of a walkway leading to the square table in the center of the room.

I know you lyinggggg

The long elevator ride to the top floor made perfect sense as I looked around in astonishment at the ceiling high window giving the view of the skyline from all around us, allowing the colors from the buildings next to us to reflect through adding to the candle light.

(imagine something like this but way more candles and a bigger area)

My heart tightened in my chest at the sight.

"you did all this for me" A single tear escaped my eyes at the thoughtfulness and time Raimondo put into this that I quickly wiped away.

The way it seemed, you would think this was one of those fancy proposals instead of a first date.

I couldn't think of a single thing better to say—surprised wasn't even the word, I never would've thought he'd do all this.

"Mondo this is—" I shook my head taking in the scene in front of me. "this is incredible — it's beautiful..." I looked up at him.

"Come" he took my hand again and led me to the table before pulling out my seat for me letting me sit down then scooting me in smoothly.

I couldn't help but look around at the lit up floor and out the window to my left at the city.

This had to be at least a hundred candles.

"I can't believe this" I giggled to myself smiling and covered my face hearing mondo take a seat across from me.

"I had to do the most '' he laughed nervously  "sorry if it's too much, I just wanted to—you know". He scratched the back of his head

"It's perfect. Everything is beautiful" I smiled and looked around admiring everything around me.