Chapter 4 : A Deal

Once again, I was inside the Duke office, sitting in the sofa while he was sitting in another sofa across me. There are two cup of tea on the table, still hot.

"So... This deal. What is about?"

I broke the silence, curious with his offer.

"A really good one. Do you still want Violla back, right?"

He asked.

"Of course, she is my only family although....we are not blood related..."

He smiled, satisfied with my answer.

"Then... Hear me out... You can have Violla from Monday until Friday but during the weekend, I can have her"

I crossed my arms, felt more interested with his deal.

"Is there more?"

He nodded.

"Wednesday and Friday, from afternoon until evening, she need to be here with me. She can leave after the sunset"

I frowned with his second deal, he saw it.

"There's a reason why I did this. I want to win her over as her biological father"

"You want to win her over?"

"Yes, you see how she act in front of me right? She saw me as a stranger while she saw you as a father. I want her to look at me like that"

I sighed, understand what he wants but if he managed to win her over, what happen next?

"Then what? Are going to tell her that you was her biological father?"

"Perhaps"

He smiled but I'm not happy with this. I don't know if I should take this offer cause he was a villain, should I trust him?

He was famous for his cruelty toward his enemies even his servants but he still not show it to me. I can't let my guard down in front of him.

"Let me think about it"

"Sure, take your time. If you ready, just tell me"

He took a sip one of the tea, wait for my answer.

Should I accept?

I tried to think carefully with the offer because I don't want a bad consequences. I always thought that my life with Violla would be perfect but there always obstacles in front of me.

Why everything I plan always went wrong?

I sighed, afraid I take the wrong step.

"If I take the offer then are we going to do this until she grow up?"

The Duke stared bore at me.

"Until she realize and made her own choice"

His word made me realize something.

If she know that I'm not her real father and the Duke is her biological father, what would she do? Leave me? Alone? Just like.....her?"

Afraid for being alone again is my biggest weaknesses. I don't want to life by myself again, I felt empty but what could I do. If that happen, can I managed to endure it?

Questioning myself over and over again, made me felt miserable. I want Violla to be happy too, I'm not selfish but should I made a big sacrifice for her? Should I sacrifice my happiness for her?

That's when I realize, maybe I should take this opportunity to make a lot of memorable memory with her before that time came. I should spend time with her more and go somewhere she wanted. With that memory, maybe I could life in peace.