Chapter 3 : Daughter

It's been two days after Violla was taken away from me yet I am here feeling depress. I was lying down in my bed, staring at the wooden ceiling for a long time, felt miserable. I can't forget about Violla, my cute daughter although we are not blood related.

"Violla.... I miss you...."

I hugged the pillow tightly, bury my face on it. After a few minutes, I sniffed something smelly around the room.

"What in the world..... What is this smell?"

I force my body to wake up to find the smelly recourses but I realize, it was me who was smelling like a shit in here.

Honestly, I didn't even take a shower for two days after I come back from the Rareverk's Mansion. I was shrouded with depression on that day, it made me forgot to take a shower.

"Damn.... I smell too bad "

I went to a bathroom, take a cold shower while I put my dirty clothes inside the basket.

After that, I wrapped the white towel around my waist. I went to my closet to find something comfortable to wear. There's a few white shirt and pants inside my clothes, nothing luxurious at all.

I take the white towel around my waist to wipe all the water in my body, of course I was completely naked. I take the white shirt, start to wear it by buttoning the shirt but all the sudden, someone opened the door.

"Lucian! I....."

A familiar deep voice startled me, it was Duke Derek. I stop buttoning my shirt when I saw him.

"You! What you doing in my house!?"

I was surprised, I didn't even hear a footsteps at all. He must using his teleporting magic again but he was quite, I was confused.

"Duke Derek?"

I called his name but he was staring at me up and down, I felt like deja vu. That's when I realized I was half naked in front of him with a half done buttoning shirt and my exposed thigh.

"You.... YOU PERVERT!"

I throw the pillow directly in his face, covered my body with my shirt.

He quickly leave my room, give me some space. My face was red like a tomato, I felt embarrassed but I keep questioning myself.

We both man yet I felt embarrassed when he look at me with those eyes...Keep it together, Lucian!

I immediately wore my clothes, cover my delicate body completely yet I still felt embarrassed. I open the door, the Duke was resting his body against the wall.

"You done?"

He said, acted he saw nothing at all.

"Yes.... What are you doing here?"

I directly to the point, crossed my arms.

"It's about Violla...."

He sighed.

"Violla? Did something happen to her!?"

"No....it.... just..."

He can't finish his own sentence yet his face look so worried.

"Let's discuss this at my house"

He suggested and I nodded immediately, worried for Violla.

Once again, he grabbed my hand, we immediately in his office. Every furniture I saw, it stay just like two days ago. He tell me to sit and I did.

"Tell me. Did something happen to her?"

I asked.

"Violla....She....she didn't eat for two days"

My eyes was wide open in shocked with the fact, I quickly burst into an anger.

"What!? How!? Didn't you suppose to take care of her?"

I shouted, standing in front of the Duke.

"Calm down, Lucian... Let me explain"

"Explain what!?"

He let out another sighed, expecting the consequence.

"Let just say she take your stubborn trait"

"Huh?"

I felt dumbfounded.

"How about you meet with her and you will understand"

He lead the way and I walked behind him. There's a few servant outside of the office, maybe they heard me shouted at the Duke. Of course I am brave enough to shout at him but those eyes, they look disgusted?

I ignored it, follow the Duke from behind until we arrived at the white door. He open the door, there was Violla wore an expensive cute dress. She was staring at the window, waiting for something.

"Violla"

I called her name, she quickly turn around.

"Daddy!"

She run toward me, jump for a huge hug. I catch her in time and hug her tightly.

"Daddy! I miss you"

"I miss you too but why didn't you eat for two days?"

I asked.

"Didn't you taught me that we can't take food from stranger? That handsome uncle is a stranger! So, I won't eat the food he gave me"

Oh... That's why.....

The Duke clear his throat for a few times, signalling me to fix this problem. I just smiled awkwardly at her.

"Violla. This uncle beside me is a friend of mine. It's okay you eat the food he give it to you"

I lied.

"Ohhhhh...."

"Yes, and look at you! You are about to be skinny! You know what is going to happen when you are so skinny?"

"I won't be pretty"

I nodded and poke her nose, she giggled.

"Okay, I will eat"

"Good girl"

I smiled in relief at the same time felt proud at her. The Duke sighed in relieve and then called the servant to prepare a food for Violla, they bring Violla to the dining room.

"You handle it pretty easy"

"Yes, as the person who taking care of her for 5 years, I know her really well"

"And that's why she acted so stubborn. She learn it from you"

"It's.... it's doesn't matter!"

"I see...."

There's a moment of silence, it's make the atmosphere in the room awkward.

"Sir Lucian...."

He called my name.

"Let's make a deal"

He smirked.

This one is pretty short I suppose.... Sorry 🥲