2. game day

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 next to Nelson outside of the gym as Cam walked up and down the line of boys. "Alright yall, its 2023, its a new season, a new era," Cam sighed before walking over to the new player.

Stella leaned against Nelson a little, his slighty taller frame gave her butterflies. "Two of yalls teammates didn't show up," Cam started. "Its alright, its alright we got a punishment coming for they ass," Cam nodded his head.

Stella let out a small giggle, she quickly wiped the smile off her face and listened to Cam.

"Today, Stella is gonna watch our game, she of course had to support her boyfriend Nelson over here," Cam teased and went behind them both pushing them together.

"Bro shut up," Nelson laughed, looking down out of embarrassment.

Cam shook his head before walking back to his spot.
"Rod Wave Elite 2023," Cam said, looking at the team.

"Everybody welcome the new guy," Cam gestured towards the new player, everyone looked over at him, Nelson looked down and laughed.

"Everybody welcome the new guy," Cam says again but louder, everyone started muttering 'hi and whats up'.

"Alright, welcome," Cam said looking at the player.
"Thanks couch, I'm excited to play today," He smiled softly. "You ready?" Cam asked with a smile.

"Ecstatic," He says in a dry tone. "Alright, I like his energy," He says, moving to stand in front of Stella and Nelson.

"Nelson, Stella, you ready?" He asked them. "Yes sir," Nelson muttered quietly with a smile. "Always," Stella nodded.

"Alright yall, so first game today is against Texas Finest, never heard of them, dont really give a fuck," Cam shook his head and shrugged with his hands in his pockets.

"Because yall got the best couch in the nation and regardless we gon win," He says pointing at himself. "Ima put yall in the best position possible, to win this damm game," He nods.

"Now since two of our players didn't wanna show up for the first game, some of yall gonna have to play extended minutes," Cam explained.

"Um, so last time I seen yall was a year ago, uh whats up when did everyone start getting twist and shit, whats up with this?" Cam gestures towards the three boys with twist in their hair.

"My hair been long its just short," One of the boys says.

"Uh huh," Cam says. "What about you whats up with the red tips?" He asked the other boy. "I was just trying to do something different, thats all," The boy answered.

"What about you, whats up?" Cam asked the last boy. "Football," The boy shrugged.

"This is ghetto!" Cam exclaimed. "This is not what I'm tryna portray," Cam says.

Stella and Nelson try to hold in their laughter, biting their bottom lips.

𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩

"Nelson, how many likes does this video need for part two," Cam says, looking over at him. "15k," Nelson rubbed his hands together. Stella stood next to him as she smiled. "You know thats a lot of likes right?" Cam asked him. Nelson nodded, smiling a little.

"Top comment, top comment is gonna be their punishment because this is ridiculous," Cam shook his head, referring to Lavar and Giannis.

The camera cuts and now Nelson is sitting down on a bench. "So Nelson, how do you feel about Couch Cam?" The camera man asked Nelson. Stella stood behind the camera, scrolling through her phone.

"You know, coach Cam, he thinks hes a good coach, but its really just the team, we carry and make him look good," Nelson explained.

"Are you excited for Rod Wave Elite to start back up again?" The guy asked Nelson.

"Yea I am, you know another year to stand in my corner shooting threes," Nelson said.

The camera turned to Stella, she looked up from her phone. "What do you think about coach Cam?" He asked her.

"I think hes a great coach and he is also really funny," Stella laughed, looking over at Nelson who shook his head. He quickly stood up from the bench and picked her up, throwing her over his shoulder as he runs away laughing.

The camera cuts again and now their inside the gym warming up, Stella and Cam are sitting on the benches. "So, Stella, do you think were gonna win today?" Cam asked, the camera shifts to her as she lets out a laugh.

"Uhm, yea, yea definitely," She nodded, looking at him with a small smile.

"Really? dont sound to sure about that?" Cam shook his head.

"No, no were definitely gonna win today," She ensured.

The game started they got the tip off, the ball went to Nelson and he dribbled it down the court, passing it to another teammate as they shoot a three, it's swished through the net as Cam clapped.

"There we go, there we go," Cam nodded.

It was now halfway through the game and they were down by eleven points. "If I laced up I would be dropping 50," Cam shook his head.

There was only a couple minutes left in the game and someone subbed in for Nelson so he could have a break.

"You ok?" Stella asked Nelson as he sat down next to her. He nodded, taking a drink of his water before setting it down.

"I'm just tired, I've been carrying though," Nelson laughed, leaning over and resting his head on her shoulder.

"You played really well Nelson," Stella smiled, laying her head on top of his as they watched the game silently.

"Are you excited to play for rwe now?" Nelson asked with a smile, his hands played with her nails as he spoke.

"Yea, but I'm pretty nervous, I dont want to let the team down or like embarrass myself," She told him.

"Dont worry, Cam didn't only pick you because of your skill but also how you act on the court, your gonna carry, Stella," Nelson reassured her.

"Thanks Nelson," She smiled softly.

The game ended and sadly rwe lost, Stella could tell that Nelson was really disappointed because it was his first game and he wanted to leave with a win but Stella told him that it was ok and there are going to be many other games, Stella definitely helped him calm down and her words stuck with him. She was definitely different from the other girls hes met in the past.

Cam, Nelson, and Stella all decided to go to smoothie king after the game and just chill.

"So Stella, lots of fans on tiktok are wanting to know your thoughts on Nelson," Cam turned the camera to face her, she shook her head before speaking.

They were all in the car, the camera man was driving and Cam was in the passenger seat, leaving Stella and Nelson in the back.

"Well, sometimes he can be a little annoying but I still love him," She says sarcastically, looking over at Nelson who has a offended expression on his face.

She laughed before grabbing him and pulling him close to her, his head was now on her shoulder.
"I was kidding, Nelson is amazing and I love him so much as a friend and he is the best basketball player I know," She told the camera.

"Well there ya have it, definitely something going on that we dont know about," Cam says to the camera.