5. tryouts

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍 stood with the rest of the team outside, today Cam was hosting tryouts for his team.

"Tryouts today boys," Cam blew his whistle, they were all lined up, Nelson's arm was wrapped around Stella.

"What the fuck you laughin at man?" Cam looked over at the group of boys next to the team.

"Who are these kids?" Cam asked pointing to them. "Ion know em," X says.

"Ion know em?" Cam repeated. "I swear this is your little brother," He points at the little kid.

"Ok, tryouts today, your spot finna get taken," Cam held the basketball in his hands. "The girls game is also today, we better win it Stella," He pointed at her.

"Last tournament we played yall went 0-3, so I came here for new players," Cam said, walking down the line.

"Who gon win me a championship, cause yall couldn't!" He yelled.

"We did win a championship," Nelson spoke up, Stella laughed as his arm tightened on her.

"I had 30 points, where was my supporting cast?" Cam shrugged his shoulders.

They all started talking and telling him how they won.

"Shup up!" Cam yelled again. "Yall have a chance to stay on the team today," Cam said. They all looked at him. "I have these new guys coming in and they hungry, they want a spot," Cam walked down the line again.

"Yall don't look hungry," He stated, holding the ball against his hip. "Yall don't look like you wanna keep your spot," Cam said.

"I do," Nelson said. "Its alright though, cuz this weekend, I'm gonna win me a championship, with or without yall," Cam ignored him.

"So yea, yall finna play against the new comers," Cam told them.

They all nodded. "Alright bet," X said quietly. "They want a spot, they want your spot," Cam said nodding.

"They want your spot Lavar, they want your spot Nelson, since you've been going viral on tiktok with your little girlfriend," Cam leaned down and got in his face. Nelson shook his head and smiled.

"They want your spot Nelson," Cam said again. "I heard you've been getting a little fame at school, they want your spot," Cam said a little louder.

"Rico you still can't dunk," Cam said, causing everyone to laugh. "Nelson," Cam says, standing in front of him. "Yes sir," Nelson replied. "How many likes should we get on this video?" He asked.

"50k," Nelson answered simply, he licked his lips and smiled. "Whats going on here, the touchy shit, whats this about?" Cam asked, referring to Nelson having his arm around Stella.

"Because, my arms more comfortable around her," Nelson smiled, looking up at Cam.

Cam stared at them for a moment. "Like I've been telling yall, theres some shit we dont know about, but I finna find out, you'll see," Cam told them with a nod.

"Alright listen here yall, 20k likes, if yall can get to 20k likes, I'll post the first game tomorrow and the girls game," Cam says before pausing.

"20k likes and Nelson stays on the team," Cam says.
"Like it, like it right now," Nelson mouthed to the camera causing Stella to laugh.

"We need a new coach, not gonna lie," Nelson muttered. "Yea L coach," Lavar says.

"Ima L coach?" Cam asked smiling. "I should honestly coach," Nelson says.

"You can take your ass home then," Cam says, getting in their faces. "Not gonna lie, we did the best when I was coaching," Nelson nodded. "Thats facts," Lavar agreed with him.