1

"Wake up Cammy we've got breakfast to get to," Caitlin Foord yelled as she jumped on me.

I let out a groan as she landed on me, "Jesus Christ Cait what the hell."

She rolled off me and stood next to my bed, "Last time we were late for breakfast we had to run extra sprints at practice, and I don't fancy doing that again."

"Yeah, yeah fair enough let me get changed, but how many times do I have to ask you to stop calling me that," I got up and quickly and grabbed a pair of old Australia training shorts and a hoodie.

"It's so cute though makes you sound like a little kid."

"And that is exactly why I do not like it."

Caitlin walked over to me and patted my cheek, "And that is exactly why I call you it, Cammy, now get dressed, and let's go."

When we got to breakfast, we sat down at a table with Sam, Ellie, Kyra, Emily, Alanna, and Mackenzie. As soon as I sat next to Sam her arm flew around my shoulders pulling me closer to her as she said, "Child prodigy finally decided to show up, you gotta stop hanging with Caitlin she's a bad influence."

I wrestled out of her arm and pointed at the older forward, "I'm no child anymore."

"I'm not a bad influence she's the bad influence," You could hear Caitlin mumble.

I looked at Caitlin, "You know that's not true."

Caitlin gasped, offended, "Who slept through their alarm this morning and nearly made me late."

I laughed, "You're just jealous I'm a deep sleeper."

Emily chuckled seeing us fight, "She sleeps that well at night because she's just a baby, still."

Since my first call up at 15 all the girls have seen me as a baby and have never really let it go. A lot of the players on the team were like older sisters to me, I've grown up the past three years around them and couldn't imagine it any other way. On top of that, the players closer to my age who have only come into the national team in recent years and who I grew up with in the youth teams are my best friends.

Being the baby of the team also has its perks, I'm pretty much everyone's favorite, the golden child as many of the players like to call me. They always say it's cute how they've been able to watch me grow up. This also means that they're incredibly protective over me. Which is sometimes nice, but most of the time is just annoying, especially as I've gotten older.

"You all excited about tomorrow's match?" Ellie looked at me, Caitlin, and Sam specifically because we were about to play many of our club teammates and friends when we face England tomorrow.

I spoke first, "Can't wait to fucking beat their asses."

Caitlin leaned over to high-five me, "Damn straight Cammy!" I sent her a glare at the nickname.

"It'll be a hard match but wiping those smug looks off their faces when that final whistle blows and we've fucking crushed them it will be all worth it," Sam said a bit more level-headed than the two of us, but with a smirk nonetheless.

We did some more catching up about general stuff, how the seasons have been going with our clubs, and some more personal things.

Alanna looked at me after Caitlin finished talking about her girlfriend Lia Walti and Sam about Kristie, "What about you Cam, anything new in your love life?"

I rolled my eyes, "Same old same old, nothing new here." The girls were always bugging me about relationships. I'm a pretty private person which they all knew, so they made sure to ask whenever we saw each other in person because they knew I would never tell them over text or call.