Chapter 92

The next day, Huo Shu got up at dawn.

He walked out of the yard, and the wind in the air carried the chill of the mountains and forests. Although it was already April, in a place surrounded by mountains and forests, the morning temperature was obviously much cooler than that of Tongzhou City.

The grass plants not far away were still covered with dew, and the wind was filled with the refreshing smell of the forest.

There are no poultry here, not even the sound of a chicken crowing. It is very quiet in the morning, and you can clearly hear the cuckoo in the mountains.

It is empty and distant, as if you are a mountain person.

The fires lit around the open space last night were almost extinguished, with only a faint glow swaying gently in the dawning sky.

The eastern part of Yuchang is mostly undeveloped land. The wilderness and mountains are full of poisonous insects and miasma, and wild animals are often found.

Huo Shu had encountered wolves when he first came here. Now we don't have strong houses as shelters, so we camp in the open field. We must light fires around to prevent wild beasts from coming out at night.

There were people on duty at night, so there was no fear of the fire spreading.

"Are you up? How is Little Taozi?"

Huang Manjing saw Huo Shu standing in the yard. She was in a new place and was somewhat unaccustomed to it. Something happened to Taoyu last night, and she couldn't sleep well all night.

Seeing that the sky was getting brighter outside the window, I simply got up.

"I woke up for a while in the second half of the night and went to bed almost before dawn. I guess I need to sleep for a while."

Huang Manjing breathed a sigh of relief: "It's okay. He's been tired these days. It's okay to let him sleep a little longer."

Ji Yangzong was washing his face behind him with his eyes a little blurry. When he heard the two talking about Taoyu, he came up with a handkerchief and listened.

Huo Shu nodded.

"Then I'm going to make breakfast."

Huang Manjing turned around and headed towards the kitchen. Huo Shu was about to say that there was no need to worry, the person who bought it here would do it.

However, considering that I was not used to it when I first came here, if I didn't do the usual things, I would be even more confused, so I simply didn't open my mouth.

"What are you planning to do today?"

Ji Yangzong came forward and asked Huo Shu about his arrangements: "I can ask everyone to do it soon."

Huo Shu thought this way: "It's April now, and the land here is still barren. It will take a lot of time to cultivate it. I won't be able to catch up with the spring plowing this year."

"Instead of doing this, it is better to let everyone cut down the trees first, build the shelter first, and then open the land when the people are settled."

Ji Yangzong responded, and after dawn opened, he called everyone together.

After hearing the arrangement, the farmers also agreed.

"Last night I kept hearing the howling of wolves and apes in the mountains. I was so scared that I didn't dare to close my eyes all night. It was almost dawn and I was very tired, so I fell asleep for a while."