Chapter 66

One rice field after another, one melon stand after another.

The rice seedlings are green and green, and the courgettes are round and long.

The large leaves between the earth walls cannot hide the ripe and round pumpkins. When they are turned into the ground, eggplant trees are arranged in rows, and the eggplants turn purple when they are ripe.

The thread beans are pulling thick threads, swaying slightly in the wind, like fluttering tassels.

There are stilt houses and tiled buildings everywhere among the cottages, fat chickens are running on the fence, and shelducks are swimming in the river.

"Tongzhou is really rich and prosperous!"

When Uncle Fan saw the landscape and farming scene in Tongzhou City, he had thousands of words in his mind, but he could only boil it down to this sentence.

The few people from the Northern Territory were already dazzled by such fertile land and such lively villages.

I went all the way north and passed through several prefectures and cities, but I never saw any place that was like a state.

"The city is more lively. If I have free time in two days, I will take you to the city for a walk. You can have fun eating and having fun, and even three days and three nights will not be enough for you."

They didn't pass through Fucheng when they came back. They took a detour, driving many horses, and there were so many people, it was a bit arrogant to go through the city.

Although this can be considered as some publicity for their horses, the market in Tongzhou is not as wide as the northern capital city, and the population is large.

The main street was busy, and it would be terrible if the horse got frightened and hit someone.

Ji Wenliang was riding on the horse, the familiar color of his hometown fell into his eyes, and he felt more at ease and satisfied than ever before.

Although he had only been away for more than four months, there were so many ups and downs along the way that he actually felt a sense of vicissitudes of life. He inexplicably recalled the words of the gentleman who had been invited by his family before, saying that when a young man leaves home, he will return home.

It was somewhat exaggerated to say that, but he felt that was what it meant.

He happily said to Huo Shou beside him: "When the time comes, you can stay at my house, and I will ask my mother to cook Jiangnan side dishes for you. She is very good at her craftsmanship!"

The wealth in the south has exceeded Huo Shou's imagination. The wind here is moist and carries the fragrance of the forest and vegetation. Although the people are not necessarily tall and powerful, they are delicate and elegant. Even some men have fair faces.

He nodded towards Ji Wenliang and said: "There are six of us here. I think my brother's house won't be able to accommodate so many people. The house will definitely have to be expanded by then. The weather is hot in summer, but it doesn't hurt to sleep outside. ."

Ji Wenliang said: "My uncle Liu's family is very big. Not to mention the six of you, even ten can fit in it. How can I let you sleep outside! The house of Changgong Danniu in Liu uncle's family can sleep three or four people." "

Huo Shou didn't quite understand: "What does the size of your sixth uncle's family have to do with us?"

Ji Wenliang said: "Didn't my brother tell you?"

As soon as he finished speaking, Ji Wenliang felt that it was reasonable for Huo Shou not to know. After all, his brother-in-law was such a taciturn person, and he had only said a few words to his brother Tao Zi.