Chapter 63

Huo Shu heard the reputation and went away.

He saw the man holding the fodder beside him leaning forward slightly and looking in his direction with uncertainty.

He was dressed in linen clothes, with mottled old hands and bones, and his face was already very old looking due to the weather and sun.

Taoyu followed Huo Shu and saw that the person who spoke was the old man who had just bumped into him and asked him to look at the pony.

I was surprised how he recognized Huo Shu, and then I heard the person next to me say: "Uncle Fan?"

"It's me! It's me!"

When the old man who was replaced as Uncle Fan heard Huo Shu's address, the horse grass in his hand fell to the ground, and he felt a mixture of sadness and joy for a moment.

"you are still alive......"

He looked back and forth at the tall and strong man in front of him. The face that had lost its youthfulness and become resolute could still vaguely show the appearance of his youth.

But after years of washing, life and death, the young man's clear eyes have long been replaced by indifference.

There was a complicated expression of unspeakable joy and bitterness in the corners of Uncle Fan's eyes.

"Ah Shu, you have grown up."

Huo Shu frowned and responded, "Yes."

Seeing this, Taoyu gently took Huo Shu's hand and asked tentatively: "Is this it?"

"Uncle Fan was my former compatriot."

Huo Shu looked at his hometown compatriots whom he had not seen for more than ten years, and felt a little dazed for a moment.

He said to the old man: "Uncle Fan, let's talk here."

Uncle Fan tilted his neck and glanced to one side. He saw that the people in charge of the horse slaves were busy staring at people and playing tricks on them. He responded to Huo Shu and followed him to a quiet place to talk.

"Why is Uncle Fan here?"

Seeing how Zhengya in the countryside had fallen to this, even if he didn't ask, he knew how desolate the village was now.

However, since he has not gone back, he still wants to hear for himself what is going on in his hometown.

Uncle Fan sighed: "There have been heavy taxes and heavy servitude over the years, and the season has been bad. The land has desertified faster and faster, and the crops have failed. A few years after you left, there are not many people left in the village."

"Three years ago, the government said that the people in the village wanted to merge the two villages into one township. The people from other places took advantage of the fact that there were few people in our village and we were not very strong. They repeatedly appropriated the land, and many villagers became refugees."

The people in their village were walking to death, and the people who could unite were all alone. In the end, even he, the former Li Zheng, was driven out of the village.

Those who are alive will eventually have a good life, but those who have been buried in the land their entire lives have no skills, and it will be difficult to make a living in the capital.

He does know some skills in horseback riding and archery, but the people of the Northern Territory have always been brave and good at fighting, but there are no men with strong limbs who can't do these things. Even men and women are often good at archery.