15 •A Different Viewpoint

Rena

The two ended up passing Orion's constellation, to the poor woman's dismay, and ended up walking by several things that Rena would have enjoyed.

Like the insanely tall cloud funnel, supposedly an enjoyed attraction in Heaven, air whooshing around it and giving it a very close resemblance to a tornado.

She would have loved to ride it

Or the Cloud Pit, as Zayle called it.

It was for newborns, hoping to train their wings to automatically catch them, they were to ever fall unconscious.
They would stand in a large, open clouded area, and it would stay like that, until everyone became comfortable and unguarded.

That's when clouds would suddenly part from underneath them, letting them fall to wherever. She didn't know if there were more clouds underneath. She didn't know what was under there period.

Some people went there for fun, whenever it wasn't in use. Specifically Stripped Angels.

Or SA's.

Their wings were stripped, Zayle had told her.

It only happened for grave, accidental mistakes. But most wings were stripped because angels usually would rather love someone in public rather than not like someone at all.

The sin of liking the same sex.

They'd asked for it. Heaven would send angels to Hell immediately if an angel had realized they liked a different sex in the gates of it's sacredness, rather than when they lived as mortals.

Apparently it couldn't happen.

But it did because the good outweighed the sin. So the angels had immediately informed Heaven of their sexuality, and asked for a pardon.

Which became the cost of their wings.

And created the Fae.

It suddenly made sense to Rena.

The SAs were basically like the civilians for Heaven, their wings being their core for their abilities.
And having them stripped would render them powerless.

And angels with wings were the police men. Or firefighters. Or crafters.

It depended on what their past life said, but majority were for war, at this time.

She was beginning to have mixed feelings about Heaven...

"Zay, why is Heaven like this?" She asked for the second time as they walked over a lumped cloud.

He'd never actually answered the first question, and as always, she was eager to know more.

He glanced down at her as they then ducked under the large whoosh of an wing tucking into it's owners back.

"Heaven is whatever you believe it to be."

It didn't make sense.

"Then why does Heaven look like this?"

He grinned.
"Everyone sees the same thing, the same immortals, the same souls..."

He pulled her to his side as a tall male glided past them, his wing nearly knocking the back of Rena's head over.

Zayle's hand held her chin as he stared into her eyes, his blazes glowing darker than normal.

"It is how you believe Heaven itself to be that changes the entirety of it."

Knowing Zayleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें