6 - Keefe

Keefe woke up screaming.

"It was Diana! She hurt me and Sophie! Then she knocked me out and took Sophie away and I don't even know how I ended up here but-"

"Relax, Keefe," Elwin said, holding up a hand. "You just woke up after eighteen hours here. Did somebody give you a sedative?"

"No! Elwin, Diana literally hit me on the head!"

"Diana wasn't anywhere near there," Elwin said, confused. "She was on the other side of the school."

Keefe's eyes narrowed. "At what time?"

"12.34pm."

But that was barely moments after she'd attacked them! How had she gotten to the other side of the school so fast? And with Sophie draped on her shoulder?

She could've light leaped Sophie away, he thought suddenly. Sophie still had a nexus, after all. Diana wouldn't have to spare any concentration for her.

"It was Diana," he continued breathlessly. "I don't care what she gave as an excuse, it was her! And she has Fos-  Sophie. She has Sophie."

Elwin smirked. "Sounds like you two are quite close. You and Sophie."

Keefe wanted to scream out loud.

"So, you seriously don't believe me." Keefe met Elwin's eyes. Maybe Diana had been right that he could spill all he wanted. No one would ever suspect the beautiful and perfect Diana Amber Vacker (totally basing her off Biana lol).

Elwin visibly struggled with himself for a moment before answering, "It is a little far-fetched, Keefe. Even for you."

Keefe groaned. "Has Foster come to school yet?"

"Foster?" Elwin asked, frowning.

"Has she come to school yet?!"

"No, and she ditched alchemy and PE. Her mentors were not happy."

"Have Grady and Edaline even reported her going home?!!"

"She was supposed to be over at Biana's house," Elwin stated calmly.

"And Alden and Della confirmed her presence?"

"Keefe, where is this all coming from?" Elwin demanded. "I'm sure Sophie's fine."

"I know for a fact she isn't and Diana did something to her!" Keefe snapped.

"Keefe, this is getting a little out of hand."

"I'm telling the truth!" Keefe yelled, seething. "Fine! You won't help me find Foster? Then I'll find her myself!"

"You're still on bed rest," Elwin reminded him.

"Do I look like I care?" Keefe asked. He raised a Pathfinder to the light ("Where did he get that from?" Elwin wondered), and turned the dial to Sunreach. Diana's estate.

She had better have the answers he wanted.